Potential out of a EB 4.0mpi - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2003, 19:09   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Potential out of a EB 4.0mpi

Hey..

I recently upgraded from an xf to a ebII 4.0.

I was wondering how much potential the eb 4.0 has. I went for a cruise the other night in a vt ss and was amazed that this thing only felt a touch more quicker than the eb.

What sorta power have you guy's seen or have gotten outta your 4.0?? And with what sorta mods. I dont think it would be that impossible gettin these things into high 14's with mild mods.

any help appreciated..

cheers.
OblitzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2003, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Re: Potential out of a EB 4.0mpi

I believe stokeb has gotten round the 14.2 mark, and there's a guy I know that works at ford who's got some 160rwkw outta his ED. JMM claim they can get 180rwkw+ with there DEV5 kits but alot of people say they overate the results of there work...

The 4.0litres have heaps of potential
Old 12-07-2003, 20:09   #3 (permalink)

with a manual the 4.0 is a weapon :)
14's would be quite acheiveable with exhaust, intake, cam , light headwork and a decent diff.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 20:16   #4 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf

or you can boost it,

700hp, 9 sec passes

then there's n/a work, 300kw has been obtained.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 21:50   #5 (permalink)

whack a t3 or t4 turbo on and your doing 13 secs on low psi,see a 4.0ltr doing ten second qtrs but think its a TT,with the 4ltr im sure there's plenty you could do,what EFFALCON said those simple mods are easy and less then say JOE's 300kws or so,start simple and then make her into a weapon of mass destruction..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 22:01   #6 (permalink)
Mechanical Dumbass

if i was to rebuild my eb 4.0 litre with acl race series stuff, then get my hands on an ed xr6 head and get that ported up real good, a cam to suit, then exhaust, extractors and better ecu, would that put me somewhere in the 13's?
Old 12-07-2003, 23:56   #7 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

More than likely. You would have to have your diff matched to the rest of the package to ensure your at max power over the line down the 1/4, and with the least shifts possible. You will find that the ACL kit is a good place to start.

If it were mine, I'd be going EL block, ACL kit, AU XR6 head with a mild port, Pacemakrer comp. extractors, 2.5in Mandrel exhaust, and whatever fuel system needed to cope. And a big bloody cam. It would also be a good idea to ditch the MAP EEC setup and go Mustang MAF EEC retuned to suit the six, Rollin is currently organising this setup himself. This will allow you to run a massive cam without the computer having a spack.

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons