Power - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2002, 15:35   #1 (permalink)
Master

Power

Hey, As u all know i gave my EA falcon back 2 my dad and got him 2 buy me a 1974 Mazda 929 sedan. I drove the Falcon 2day and fell in love with it all ova again coz of the room, its a modern looking car and the power of the 4.0 litre inline 6. So, i have decided to ask dad if i'm allowed to sell my car 2 buy an EA or EB Falcon or a Nissan Skyline (same model as Sp33dy's) coz my friend has a station wagon with 3 1/2" exhaust from cat back and air filter with a manual of coarse, and this thing is real quick.

Which car is faster in non modified form with an auto?

-master-

p.s- fingers crossed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2002, 15:40   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

A Skyline would probably be faster in than a stock EB auto? The EB would have various other qualities of course. And either car can be modified as much as you want.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 15:55   #3 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

i used to own an R31 Skyline auto, and it was pretty slow. Rough 0-100km/h in 9.5 seconds, but they are fairly nice reliable cars.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 15:59   #4 (permalink)
Master

hey, thanx 4 the advice. if im allowed to get a new car i will try 2 buy a EA II- EB falcon S, if i can find 1...
Old 05-23-2002, 19:25   #5 (permalink)

3 1/2 inch exhaust on a non-turbo car? Whaaaaa...? 2 1/2 would be plenty, i'm interested to know why your mate has such a big exhaust.

Secondly I can't blame you for falling in love with the Falcon again. When my car was at the mechanics overnight last month I got to drive my Grandparents VL Berlina around. And I thought it was pretty damn good I didn't want to give the car back! However when I got back in the EA I realised what a great car I actually have :)

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 16:31   #6 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

EA/EB Vs NISSAN Skyline

The following is my opinion , based on my experence ; I believe a good condition , well kept/running EA/EB 4LTR EFI Falcon sedan (auto or 5sp) would see off a Nissan Skiline(NON TURBO!) with little effort.

there I said it ! , let the debate begin !.........

whitch car is better overall ? ;

EA/EB Falcon sedan *for = the look of the car
*for= the power and tourqe
*for= space,comfort

*against=fuel consumption

NISSAN Skiline *for = economy
*for = good car if you are a girl and want a small car

*against = looks (to me anyway)
*against = power(compared to Falcon....and 3.8 ltr commadores too)

this is my personal opnion , dont take offence if you dont agree , just reply and have your say ......

EA POWER !! EA POWER !! EA POWER !!

West EA
Old 05-24-2002, 18:24   #7 (permalink)
antigravity

Re: EA/EB Vs NISSAN Skyline

EA vs Skyline...

EA
Pro's:
Comfort (i've got a fairmont, I don't know what the others are like)
Cost of Spare Parts
Looks (apart from the gl, oh those grey bumper bars.. aggh!)
Individuality

Con's:
Reputation (over 60% of ea's on the road should be destroyed)
Gear Ratios (that first gear is a big pain in the arse)
Stock Suspension (driving along the calder hwy, is like catching a ride on the Spirit of Tasmania)

I like to beleive that I'm not biased in anyway, considering the only reason I drive an EA, is because it was given to me by my parents, and I've grown to love it since. Don't shoot me, but I was actually looking at buying a VH SL/E, I loved them, and I still do. VH SL/E's are very similar to EA's I reckon, and so are their owners. Unlike those VL wankers... oohhh, the VL is actually an alright car I reckon but the owners of them ruined their reputation.

Don't get me wrong, EA's are my favourite car on the road, but I actually like Holdens better than Fords in general. I just hate the majority of people that drive Holdens.

Neway, i've never driven or been in a Skyline R31, so I don't think I could evaluate them properly.. Kinda defies the whole purpose of this thread.. sorry!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-25-2002, 06:38   #8 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

westkoast you goose

"NISSAN Skiline *for = economy
*for = good car if you are a girl and want a small car"

small car? there's no way you would classify an R31 Skyline as a small car, it weighs well over 1400kg and is nearly as roomy as a falcon. Also my skyline used (according to trip computer) 11.5 or so litres/100km and my EA uses 12.5 litres/100km, so the skylines aren't that much more economical.

Plus Skyline has 114kw and EA (cfi) has 120kw so there's not that much difference in power between those two.

that's my 200 cents.

NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 10:37   #9 (permalink)
Master

thanx

hey, thanx 4 the advice... i told my dad last night and he said in a couple of weeks i can get Extraceors, 2 1/2 inch sports exhaust and Twin thrott down draft webbers. If im still bored with it after that im allowed 2 sell it. if i did sell it i would get an EA II S. how much are good 1's? also, my friends car kills Holden 5.0 litres!!!!! hes gettin it turboed soon.

-master-
Old 05-25-2002, 13:59   #10 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

EAbeast calls me a goose ?...hehe

LOL ! ,Im a goose because I have a differant opinion to you about the most subjective suject in the world ; cars

**** YOU , I would rather have my EA Falcon than some jappa crappa peice of coke can with a motor!.

theres my open minded , unbiased, opinion HAHAHA !!!

West EA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons