Ford Forums banner

power increase

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  FordXR8 
#1 ·
the ss is will be coming out with 245kw in the series 2 commodores, anyone know if ford are looking at any increases for their series 2 falcs? The BA seems to be a far refined car over the VY but the commodore still has the edge over it for pace, which is a pity.

#8 ·
MrT said:
the ss is will be coming out with 245kw in the series 2 commodores, anyone know if ford are looking at any increases for their series 2 falcs? The BA seems to be a far refined car over the VY but the commodore still has the edge over it for pace, which is a pity.
Were did you hear that the Commode has it over the BA for pace,let me quess the PRESS, dont believe everything you read,to me they would be lineball(almost) but once the Boss is run in I think it would have the LSI's measure, I once read in a mag that they reckon the SS did 0-100 in 5.7sec's (stock) yeah right.

#9 ·
yeah just about it every comparison they've commented that the BA is far superior on the road but the commodore just has the raw speed. An extra 10 kw is a pretty handy gain tho, and you'd think that if the falcon was to win over SS drivers, raw speed would have to be a major factor.

#12 ·
its funny how the commodores gain 10kw from exhaust changes?
its about the 3rd time i've heard em gain from exhaust changes :p

#13 ·
I think maybe 10 you mean? 225, 235, 245. There series 2 is coming out fairly early isn't it. Considering it doesn't look like the BA 2 will be coming out till middle next year.

#14 · (Edited)
What... Do you mean holden is playing catchup for a change... :flip:

From observation it appears that the BOSS 260 and 290s are seriously underrated...
The 6T is about right at 240kw.
Dont know about the 220 or 182 as I have never seen either one dynoed.

The BOSS engines with over 10,000 km are showing significantly more rwkw that they should theoreticly.
I have seen a couple of XR8s with a bit over 200 rwkw and a number of GTs etc with 230s & 240s. Mine was last measured at 243.7rwkw.

Earlier that same dyno had measured a VX GTS (SV300) at 219 rwkw.

#17 ·
Why would Holden be playing catch up by bringing out a 10kw upgrade when atm it is still slightly faster than the Xr8. If they were playing catch up they would be improving their quality of the cars handling and fit and finish not the power since they are not behind in that area. Since they are upgrading their power levels now that must mean holden were playing catch up with the 220-225-235 upgrade when ford had their 185-200-220 engines. I think not.

#19 ·
I'm sure I read in Wheels a few months back that Holden were attacking Ford's claimed engine outputs for the V8s, claiming that their method of quoting output was more conservative than Fords. And if I remember rightly, Holden said if they used the same method as Ford, their engines would be about 10kw more powerful. Are they maybe just changing their method?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.