Ford Forums banner

Premium Audio display and Sat Nav?

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  ChickenMan 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I understand the Sat Nav display comes up on the screen which is used by the premium audio system. My question is, is it a simply 'software' upgrade to enable the Sat Nav? or is there other fittings that are required? Just curious as to what would need to be programed in to enable Sat Nav.

G
#2 ·
There needs to be a DVD thingy placed in the car somewhere, for memory it goes in the boot, but as yet i havent come across any orders with Sat Nav.

There are sure to be extra requirements above a software reprogram.

#5 ·
Hi Guys,
OK, I picked up my BA XR6 with sat nav on Thursday.
There is an aerial and the DVD drive for the sat nav under the parcel shelf, on the drivers side.
Under the top lip of the command centre there is a infrared sensor for the remote control. I would imagine that somewhere (maybe incorporated in the DVD drive) is the actual GPS unit that does all the processing, etc.

I would fairly well guarantee that the GPS stuff isnt incorporated in the command centre if not ordered.

One problem I have found, is that I ordered the 'headlights on' feature that turns the lights on when ignition on. What happens with the GPS is when the ignition is on, the display changes to night time, which aint very clear. However, command centre for radio, etc, doesnt change to night settings until you actuall turn the lights on via the switch. Very strange. Car is going in next week to have the 'headlight on' removed.

If ya get GPS, DONT get 'Headlights on' feature fitted.

#6 ·
Have you given the sat nav a workout yet. I was just wondering how accurate it really is. I get my car on Tuesday hopefully and its got sat nav but I have never really seen it in action. How detailed can you get on the screen and so on.

Any info. would be helpful although I could just wait until Tuesday and find out myself, but the wait is too long.

#7 ·
Howdy,
Yep, I am happy with it. Detail very much like on a UBD (whereis.com.au supply the data).
When approaching a turn, if multilanes/exits, ALL are shown.

you can store 100 of your own points, as well as ya home. And also store places to avoid :)

Country doesnt have as much detail (well in WA). You will get the streets but not necessarily the number on a street. City tho, is a fantastic, right to the door :)

If ya got it, ya wont regret it :)

#8 ·
Looking forward to getting mine on tuesday. I heard that there are optional DVDs that have more country detail at the cost of leaving out some states.
If so I would just get an east coast one as I doubt if I will drive to Perth very often.

#12 ·
Normally, when halted, you can select destinations by entering street names and numbers. When moving, you can only select destinations that have been stored in your place lists.

Thats the biggest difference, so you arent distracted entering lots of data.

There are other functions in setup, etc, that arent available while moving..

#20 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.