Problem with AUII dedicated lpg - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01   #1 (permalink)

Problem with AUII dedicated lpg

Hi Folks, I have an intermittent problem on my ute - it occasionally dies and just before it does this, there is like a loud popping noise as though it is backfiring. When I start engine again, it idles roughly, then when accelarator pressed sometimes 'pops' again and dies. Mechanics have not been able to find problem.
Anyone have an idea of what to look for? I suspect it may be gas related with the pop pop noise,
I would appreciate any suggestions....many thanks
colint50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 11:02   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: Problem with AUII dedicated lpg

Don't really have much to go on, but I'd be looking at it as a timing issue.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31   #3 (permalink)

Re: Problem with AUII dedicated lpg

Many thanks for the suggestion...would the timing be an issue if it is intermittent? This problem has occurred about three times over the last 6 months. As I live in a rural non-mobile phone area I am hestitant to now drive it...NRMA mechanic has said he can't do any more as he doesn't have an answer.
Mechanics have changes plug leads and various other hoses but still hasn't solved problem.
It has been about 2 months since this last occurred.
I am starting to think that maybe it's an electrical problem such as a bad connector somewhere but don't know where to start, other than go through all connections/plugs and ensure clean connections. I live on a dirt road so plenty of dust/mud etc.
I know that 'dry' connectors can be a problem and can cause intermittent faults??
I will go over car in the next few days when the rian stops, otherwise may attempt to drive to mechanic (about an hour away) and get them to check timing.
Thanks again for your suggestion, it is very much appreciated.
colint50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons