Problems with new BA XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2004, 00:20   #1 (permalink)

Problems with new BA XR6

We just got this XR6 in June and already having problems.....door sensor on passenger sides malfunctions when it rains and you can't lock the car because it thinks the door is open...but it's not...also..leaking radiator fluid and sporadically leaking oil, I think also brake callipers are faulty, when your doing 70-80k and have to put the brakes on the whole front end shakes. I have the car booked in for service Thursday but the last time when I told them about the door sensor they said "Well it's alright now, bring it in next time it malfunctions"...yeah right...like I can time that when it's going to be raining...I"ll just have to get them to wet the car down I guess..lol. Just pissed that so much has gone wrong and just got the thing! Anyone else have these kind of problems with your XR6??

Old 10-11-2004, 00:24   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Problems with new BA XR6

If the door sensor stuffs up when it rains, then soak the car with a hose and see if you can make it happen again, then they can also do that at the dealer and fix the problem.

And welcome to the forums.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:15   #3 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Welcome to FordForums Kelly.

The front end shakes are caused by the front discs and not the caliper. A very common problem with the BA. If you bought it new or second hand from a Ford dealer, the Ford dealer will machine the discs free of charge. They are very aware of this problem. This still doesn't totally fix the problem from what I have heard. People have gone in numerous times for this same problem. Ford will have to replace the discs under warranty if the discs have been machined after a maximum of 3 times and the "shakes" reappear.

Hope you get all the problems sorted out asap so that you can enjoy the drive.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 16:41   #4 (permalink)

Well the cars in being fixed (hopefully) today so will see how it goes. Thanks
Old 10-14-2004, 15:35   #5 (permalink)

Well they found leaking water pump, leak in gear box, had to machine the disc, and a wire sensor in the door was faulty. Hopefully that's all the kinks..
Old 10-14-2004, 21:08   #6 (permalink)

I've been having the same problem with my brakes, except I have an XR8.

Mine's getting the shudders for the second time now (Had it when I purchased the car 2nd hand and got the machning done, and now 13,000 Km later.

The Ford fix for this problem is to re-machine the disks until they are outside of the prescribed tolerances (until they get too thin) and then replace the disks and start again until the warranty runs out, at which time it becomes your problem.

Opinions on the solution to this problem vary but chepest solution for a more permanent fix that I've come accross is $450 (New RDA front rotors, QFM pads).

You can upgrade to the performance package (or the equivilent of it) for around $2500, for a full PBR kit.

I'm about to get a fix but haven't decided which path to take yet (depends on tax implications).

Hope your car treats you nicely...

Falcon XR8 - "A car powerful like a Gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a nerf ball"
BossyXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 14:31   #7 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

Man, there has been a few threads lately with unhappy ba owners, whats going on??

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 15:03   #8 (permalink)
gone

and there has been many threads with happy owners... whats going on?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 15:07   #9 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
and there has been many threads with happy owners... whats going on?

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons