“Program 260” Service Fault Rectification - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 19:53   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

“Program 260” Service Fault Rectification

Took the XR in to have the brakes checked, as they’d developed both a small shudder and intermittent rub in the last 2000kms (car has just passed 11000km). I wasn’t sure what it was, but they said one of the rear calipers was dragging and needed adjustment. How a dragging caliper would cause an intermittent noise I don’t know, but this is what they told us.

But when I got there, they told me my car would be checked for rectification of a service fault known as ‘Program 260’.

This apparently has something to do with all the weird things people have been experiencing with their remote key fobs not working, or setting off alarms, lowering power windows, blanking out your radio etc…

I was told that my car was indeed one of the effected vehicles, and that I need a new BEM module - which will be installed on Thursday morning in a job that takes about 1 hour.

So if you’ve got any of those weird problems, you may want to give your dealer a call, as it’s a known problem and subject to a service inspection the next time you bring your car into the dealer.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2003, 02:14   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Hmm.. I'm looking for "Program 290" myself...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:07   #3 (permalink)
Movin!

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
Hmm.. I'm looking for "Program 290" myself...
I bet you would love a different sticker and blue valve covers on your motor chucky! Or maybe an aftermarket chip for the ECU?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Hell.. the Herrod Exhaust & Russ' wheels would do me!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 17:41   #5 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

And in case your dealer is like the majority of Sydney Ford dealers with regard to after-sales service - that is uninterested, unprofessional, non-punctual, non-factual and nonsensical (can you guess that my dealer screwed me around again this morning) - please remember to take BOTH sets your car keys if this needs to be done to your car, as they need to be recoded to match the new BEM.

If you don’t, your spare key won’t work anymore and you’re up for a second trip to the dealer’s workshop so they can screw you around again!

Cheers
Jason

Old 03-26-2003, 23:59   #6 (permalink)
mmm, non - dentable doors

Jr, sonds like you had a very fun day... rick damelian honda is the same.. My mother actually forced a recall on all the honda accords of her year because she had a problem which they refused to acknowledge, then someone had power failure and they agreed with her... Hope that it was all eventually sorted out in the end

avagoodone, danny :s2:

HEAR THE V8
SEE THE V8
KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE V8
dannys_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 02:21   #7 (permalink)

Hehehe, it's comforting to know that all I have to get is the Herrod Exhaust!! :s6:
I'm just thankful that "project 260" is not XR8 engine problems.
Oh yeah, and I haven't had any dramas with my BA as yet...touch wood!
Old 03-27-2003, 02:38   #8 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Don't get me wrong here guys - I'm not having a go at Ford over the need to replace a part under a service campaign or bitching about the car itself.

I just wonder why it's such a difficult ordeal for the dealer's service rep to say "And you'll need to bring in both sets of your car keys so they can be recoded."

Sadly, my last thought on this matter earlier today when I was discussing it at work with some friends was 'why did I expect any Ford dealer to be better than the last one that screwed me around?'

I know it's been said before, but Uncle Geoff - something VISIBLE needs to be done about this soon!

Cheers
Jason

Old 03-27-2003, 14:36   #9 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

Apparently some of the early BA's had the incorrect BEM installed in them. I.e. Some non-alarm units where fitted in Alarm cars, and vice-versa, this caused lots of strange shit to happen.
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons