Ford Forums banner

Programming E-Series V8 TCM

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Walkinshaw 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Does anyone know if there is still a way to change settings with the E-Series TCM? I'm looking to do a few things, mainly raise the RPM that the trans changes at WOT, shift speed, and hopefully, intergrating a push-button gear change if the inputs are available.

There was an article in an old Street Machine about a place that developed chips for them, but I can't find any info on it now.

Thanks

Aaron

#2 ·
Pending how much hurry you are in, shortly I will have a BA shifter with full SS set-up, the SS part could be used for application, but as far as RPM it won't help that, but a shift kit is avaliable that may help you, do a search.

#3 ·
Aaron, think we were chatting about this the other day.

I know someone was selling a complete replacement TCM for the BTR, back when the EL XR8 was a real "powerhouse" with it's incredible 170kw. Think it may have even been fueltronics up in kent town. Basically gave you a full tiptronic setup.

Trying to find something on google but coming up blank, will keep looking.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Yeah fueltronics did a fully programable one with tiptronic gear shifting but when I contacted them a few years ago they said it was no longer on their product list. From memory it was a fair bit over $1k though. I believe the new range of chiptorque chips can control shift rpm points and firmness might be worth contacting them. Also depending on what you are after, I find that my adjustable S5 solenoid does increase WOT shift points a bit, I still have to manually select gears if I want to really rev the engine but most of the time it is fine as is.

#6 ·
Just digressing from the thread a little - there is a Queensland firm who are in the last throws of producing "valve body" shift kits for the BTR :wnc:
I have one on order for the 347 NL
Shane

#7 ·
MrLandau said:
Just digressing from the thread a little - there is a Queensland firm who are in the last throws of producing "valve body" shift kits for the BTR :wnc:
I have one on order for the 347 NL
Shane
What will they allow you to do? Is it just a quick shifting valve body or tiptronic style? Any idea on price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.