Question/Manual Guys - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 18:50   #1 (permalink)
Rolln Deep

Question/Manual Guys

Hey all you guys with manuals I have a question.....
I am getting a new ride with a manual trannie this time and the only manuals I have driven is my mum's Ford Capri convertible and a mate's VX Commodore S pack and the gearboxes in them felt very slick and precise compared to the EA Falcon S I sat in at a caryard in Moorabbin recently. The clutch was much harder than the CommyS/Capri and the gears felt very sloppy. Is this common with the Ford boxes of this era? Also are your clutches cable or hydraulic? Is a hydraulic clutch conversion possible if they are cable from the factory?? Any comments appreciated......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2002, 19:53   #2 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

clutch

The clutches use cables. The clutch is pretty stiff and you could say at times clunky. I am used to it and very happy with the manual, i would say it is only uncomfortable when you are not used to it and comparing the gears with a car 12 years newer than the EA
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 19:32   #3 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

Re: clutch

when i had the manual conversion done I drove it home and the gearbox was really hard to find the gears in and the clutch picked up very early. I drive much newer cars at work and they all have nice smooth gearboxes but after taking it back to the mechanics they adjusted the clutch and now it's really good. The gears are easy to find and the clutch is heavy compared to other cars but smooth. So maybe the car in the car yard just needs the clutch adjusted.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons