Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 17:14   #1 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Question Questions

Hey all,

Well my car is getting a little long in the tooth now, just over 180,000kms, and I'm now gonna be servicing the car myself as it is out of warranty. The question I have is what sorta oil should I use? I was thinking a 20/50 oil as the engine seems quite loose now (not stuffed but not tight), and I was wondering what brand others use? I was thinking of maybe Penrite or mobil S.

Also, the front end is beginning to feel loose and clunky. Is there any common parts that need replacing on EF's? ie. I have had to change the idler arm on both of my previous cars, is this most likely to be the thing gone on my EF?

1 final question, I want to get a set of pacemaker extractors, and I would like to know what people have paid for PACEMAKER extractors, and do you think i would need a new Cat converter, seeing as the one on the car is 9 years old?

Thanks for your help guys

Lee

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 18:24   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Questions

Pacey comps can be had for $410 that I know of, probably cheaper. The cat should be fine, they are meant to last for the life of the car.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 19:58   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

The front-end issue could be your ball joints. Can be a little pricey to have done professionally, unfortunately.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
EA FALCON

id say still stick to the 15-30 oil its fine, i run it on my ea which has done 206,000km and i get no lifter tick or nothing, move up higher in weight if you start burning oil or getting ur lifters ticking id say.

check that your control joint arms have the botls still tight on them as overtime they can strip them selves and loosen, may even be safer replacing them, another thing would be replacing your bushes, they wear very easily and all of these things are simple jobs you can do on ur garage floor.

pacey's you would expect to pay $450 supplied and fitted, when they fit them they cut the cats down pipe shorter so the extractors can fit, i wouldnt bother replacing the cat unless your one of those tree huggers no offense.
Ported Polished Head, XR6 Valve Springs,
Bigger Valves, Stage 2 Cam. Water Inj.
350hp EA
CURTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:47   #5 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURTIS
i wouldnt bother replacing the cat unless your one of those tree huggers no offense.
lol
dpk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:31   #6 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

normal paccy's can be had for $300 ,maybe $100 to get them fitted
THEONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 17:45   #7 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Another Question I have, is at the moment, when starting the car, it idles very rough for approx 2-5 seconds, and sometimes even stalls. Once it is past this, it seems to run and idle fine while running. Does anyone have any ideas?? Its just at startup, asif the air/fuel is totally screwed for a few seconds and its starving itself or something. I'll be replacing plugs, leads and air filter in the next few weeks, but any other ideas??

thanks

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
Old 08-05-2004, 17:49   #8 (permalink)
{';'}

Are you guys listing prices for the latest Pacemaker Comp series?

Idle issue may be ISC related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 19:08   #9 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

what does ISC mean? Idler Speed Control is it? because I cleaned it about 1 1/2 years ago, would it be filthy again already?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons