"Rattle" from engine/tranny ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 18:22   #1 (permalink)

"Rattle" from engine/tranny ?

BA 2003 XT Sports 182 Auto..

In the last week or so I have noticed a "rattle" coming from the rear of the engine / transmission area under acceleration.
It is a type of clicking / rattle sound that occours when accelerating. Its noticed mainly off the line and also when say cruising in 2nd gear when u give it some the rattle happenes for a second or so then disappears as you go up the revs.

also off the line there seems quite a lot of initial energy loss when I floor it from a standing start ...like a half second delay and a big "rattle" before everything moves off the mark..

seems very "rattly and loose" ?

any comments much appreciated...
thesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

Re: "Rattle" from engine/tranny ?

yep i know what you mean is that when you are taking off and its around the 2,000 rpm mark and its a real shit of a sound,
yep my XR has gone in 5 times to have its heat shealds replaced, the dealer said next time it happens new catalac converter to be fitted, so just go to your dealer and say my heat shealds are vibrating and they should say ok we will tighten them, but it will only last about 5 days and it comes back again so just keep naging
Old 07-08-2004, 17:31   #3 (permalink)

thanks bro
im having it checked on tueday
cheers
Old 07-08-2004, 17:32   #4 (permalink)

thanks bro
im having it checked on tuesday
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons