recalls - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2002, 02:04   #1 (permalink)

recalls

man i hate being a party pooper, i know the new falc is a weapon, but they have had there little problems already? side airbag and the fiasco with the little clip in the Diff somewhere, i know these are minor faults but people hear recall, and think oh well im gonna buy a commodore... 2nd recall in the last month man, common Ford i get pissed off when people say oh but they got recalled! Holden hasn't, what the hell do u say to that. The only thing i think of is punching the person to get rid of my frustrations.
Ford_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2002, 02:31   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Just say LS1 & engine re-builds in the same sentence. That should shut them up.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:00   #3 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

How about '10 more recalls till we catch that damn VT -er -VX - er VY'. Oh, they're all the bloody same anyway.....

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:06   #4 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

Australia's best-selling car, the Holden Commodore, has certainly attracted more than its fair share since 1998, the VT-VX models have been hit with 12 separate safety-related rectification programs.

Defending the number of recalls affecting the late-model Commodore, a Holden spokesman says the car is one of the most complex products a consumer can buy and involves a wide array of technologies and suppliers in its production.

"Holden, because of its profile and volume of sales, tends to attract a greater level of interest when recalls occur, which may generate a notion of greater activity in people's minds," he says.

"These initiatives should not simply be seen as a negative, but a response by the industry to customer care and customer service when situations arise that impact on the customer's product."

Even so, Holden chairman and managing director Peter Hanenberger is well aware that there's plenty of room for improvement in the quality control of the Commodore.

One of the most lurid was the propensity of some early VT electric seats to catch fire due to an unprotected wiring harness to the seat lifter motor, which led to short-circuits.

VT Commodore police cars were also recalled to fix a possible short-circuit in a seat cushion another potential fire risk.

Other VT problems included a faulty airbag sensing and diagnostic module, which may have reduced the effectiveness of the restraint system, and bad welds on brake-pedal assemblies that could have broken, resulting in brake failure.

The 1999 VT Series II had a litany of safety-related problems. Incorrectly assembled steering gear may have caused unpredictable steering and a loss of control. The same model had welding faults in rear trailing arms, which could have resulted in a loss of control. Both arms were replaced.

Another recalled model is the HSV GTS300 to fix an SRS (airbag) warning light.
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:08   #5 (permalink)
BA at last

Don't get frustrated by stupidity. With the number of changes introduced in the BA, it was always likely that minor issues would appear.

Holden hasn't been recalled? Don't forget that the VY is a VT/VX. I think the General may still have a slender lead in the "recall" count since AU/VT days.

Personally, if the commodore was the better car but was going to have a couple of more minor recalls than the Falcon, I'd still buy the better car. Technically speaking, the BA is literally streets ahead of the VY commy.

Want to punch them? Want to get them back? Do this: Buy a BA.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:35   #6 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Organza
[B]Australia's best-selling car, the Holden Commodore, has certainly attracted more than its fair share since 1998, the VT-VX models have been hit with 12 separate safety-related rectification programs.

excellent response but its the same old story, Falcon recalls- the whole world hears about it, commodore recalls- swept under the carpet

IMO its neither here nor there if a recall has to happen.
At least the safety of all consumers is paramount and the manufacturers recognise this.
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:09   #7 (permalink)
Addicted User

The fact that holden's VT has had so many recalls when it uses platform and technology that was already developed and in use over seas make me think that the next fully new GM platform used on the VE* is going to be in for a rough wide, in the area of recalls.

*(next commodore)

Question does any one know how to tell if a car has had the fault of the recall fix or not. when they go shopping?
ondori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:54   #8 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

I think they have a sticker on the A pillar above the check strap on the drivers side door opening that says something about "Field Test" and a date below. The sticker is silver. On one of the commies I worked on there was about three or four stickers.
Old 11-26-2002, 14:57   #9 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Toyota's new camry had a suspension related recall a few weeks after launch, but it was kept pretty quiet. Plus it was in the middle of their advertisment blitz, and as papers go "Thou shall not bite the hand that feeds thou". Speaking of which, Id love to know what drugs Toyota's marketing department is running off, they are getting more and more loopy, although the "buy a camry and do something crazy" ad must take the cake. ramble ramble....

Ondori, I have seen a yankee based database on vehicle recalls, sorry I cant remeber where, but there is one out there, I dont know if it covers falcon/holden though. Ford Aus I think will tell you thru their "My ford" applete program thingy on their website
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 17:35   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
Just say LS1 & engine re-builds in the same sentence. That should shut them up.
Good point FM, but this is wasted on Joe Public because it is kept very quiet. Other than here on FF and LS1.com you don't hardly hear about it. You seem to hear all about any probs that Fords have in pretty much every media source.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons