Rename the XR6 n/a to Falcon S - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 21:12   #1 (permalink)

Rename the XR6 n/a to Falcon S

Since EBII days, the XR6 has always offered some engine tweaks over the base 6. The knowledge that you could dust off the Futura next to you at the lights was important.

Seeing Barra 182 was a fair leap over the AU motor, I can understand how they might have (mistakenly) thought that it wasn't necessary to make any modifications. But now with the VZ SV6 offering more than an Exec, it's time to up the stakes again.

The current XR6 n/a, while being a great car, isn't deserving of the badge. It's a Falcon S, nothing more.
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
EFII Ghia owner

Re: Rename the XR6 n/a to Falcon S

Xr8/xr6t owners wont like the fact that there car looks exactly like an falcon S
Old 08-17-2004, 22:03   #3 (permalink)

I think a better option is to make the XR6 slightly more powerful... Say around 200-210kw

Last edited by Perana XR8; 08-17-2004 at 22:14. Reason: me fail english......thats unpossible!!!!
Perana XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 22:11   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
I think a better option is to make the XR6 slightly more powerful... Saw around 200-210kw
yeap I agree. is till dont understand why the XR6 has a base engine output. I seriously cant think of one good reason why it was left. Even some kind of exhuast system would have done.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
known as tibbo

it mightn't look like an 'S' but it is mechanically the same.. The minor tweaks have diminished the 'XR' badge but you must remeber the earlier XR models were the highest rung on the Ford performance ladder.. That is no longer the case with the FPV range..

The XR6 is argueably the best value as it is close enough to the same RRP as a Futura but imo the 6 is not XR worthy
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 22:20   #6 (permalink)

its suprising that ford hasn't mentioned any changes to it for the Mk II since its a point that was raised by almost everyone since the BA launch. And all it would take to get 195 or 200kw is an exhaust and retune.
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 22:23   #7 (permalink)
HSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUtoo
Since EBII days, the XR6 has always offered some engine tweaks over the base 6. The knowledge that you could dust off the Futura next to you at the lights was important.
Why is it so important, if YOU think your car can walk the walk, then it shouldn't matter who's next to you at the Xmas tree.
As the 'ole saying goes....once the flag drops the bullsh*t stops.
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 22:24   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsile
its suprising that ford hasn't mentioned any changes to it for the Mk II since its a point that was raised by almost everyone since the BA launch. And all it would take to get 195 or 200kw is an exhaust and retune.
Very true.... If you look at XRchic's N/A Manual its got about 150rwkw.... only mod is a Unichip. IMO That equals about 200 fwkw give or take a few kw. so it would be easily possible for Ford to get this sort of power out of it seeing they can also adjust the cam phasing which as far as i know a unichip cant.
Old 08-17-2004, 23:47   #9 (permalink)
EFII Ghia owner

XR6s are selling so well, so why change it, obviously the majority of falcon buyers are happy with the power output and simply just like the look of the xr's and thats whats important to them.
its quite simple, if you want an xr6 with more power get an xr6T, they arnt that much more in price
Old 08-18-2004, 00:56   #10 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Some of you people need to get down off the cross and let somebody else use the wood...

Get over it, move on, stop haring on it. XR6 now has the same output as XT.

It still has a better diff ratio, different suspension, interior & bodykit. What else do you want for your money.

:wgaf:
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons