Rexx DVD System woes continue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 01:29   #1 (permalink)

frown Rexx DVD System woes continue

Evening all.

Rexx DVD No.4

Well the Rex DVD Woes continue tne car went back to the dealer to have the new Rexx DVD fitted so they oulled the old one out and opend the new one and guess what it was damaged so the old one had to be put back and another Rexx DVD gotten.

Rexx DVD No.5

Well here we go again the car went back in and this time they checked the new unit before they pulled the old one out all looked good so far so good they pulled the old one out and put the new one in but guess what it was dead so you guess it pull out the new one and put back the old one and order another new one.

Rexx DVD No.6

Well here we go again the car went back into the dealer again and this time they checked it was not damaged and it fired up before they pulled out the old one and went to all the trouble of putting in the new one.

So far so good it powered up all ok so they pulled out the old one and fitted the new one and fired it up and go to put in the new security code but guess what the code dos'nt work.

They contacted Ford Orders Section and were told to try a work around the code but this also did not work hmmm suprise suprise, after more phone calls and faxes they were given a code that some one in Ford thought might work but no joy.

Now the Rexx DVD system is locked because the three tries has been used, up so I was at the dealer again tonight and together we are going to hammer some one on this issue tomorrow it's now gotten beyond a joke.

The dealer said tomorrow we could be onto Rexx DVD No. 7 hmmmm not happy Jan.

I get the feeling that my car is not ment to have a a Rexx DVD system I rang Ford CRC tonight and man did I give it to them how dare they just go home and leave this bloody matter unresolved, i'll tell you what stand by tomorrow the phone lines to ford are going to be in melt down mode.

I have been very happt with the support that the Dealer has shown me they have done every thing they can to try and help with this matter.

Stand By for the next installement.
BluePrintXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2003, 01:49   #2 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Re: Rexx DVD System woes continue

Geez, it does not sound like the powers that be want you to have DVD in your car!! Are they fitting the new REX3 to your car, as opposed to the first REX system?
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:54   #3 (permalink)

I take it your not paying for the new ones? if your not its costing ford alot to replace them all the time so you'd think they'd want to get it right. If you are paying for them everytime that sucks seriously
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:06   #4 (permalink)

frown Re: Rexx DVD System woes continue

No I'm not paying for them to keep replacing them the car is olny 6 weeks old and only done 2600 km's what is the Rex 3 the one that I am talking about is the one that has the fold down screen that is attached in the middle of the roof.
BluePrintXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:12   #5 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Sounds like the REX3, and it would be if it was a new car. It is an all in one unit, with the player and the screen both up on the roof. Good luck with it.
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:30   #6 (permalink)
gone

Someone else on the forums had a problem with the rexx system I think

It in here somewhere!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:45   #7 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

EightOfTwelve, it was laminge - (I think). As far as I know, his replacement one worked OK, but they damaged the door on his GT while installing it. It'as all fixed now, though.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons