In Search of New LTD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2003, 02:55   #1 (permalink)

confused In Search of New LTD

Has anyone out there sighted the new LTD yet? I drove the Fairlane G220 but couldn't believe the stark interior. Plastic door skins etc. I want to know how dressed up the interior of the LTD is otherwise I am close to buying the Statesman Caprice. I can hardly believe I said that...What do others think of the Fairlane interior. I was gob smacked. It is a BA XT Falcon with leather. Come on Ford...you can't be serious!!!
VenomTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2003, 03:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: In Search of New LTD

I have to agree with you venom, i also was let down by the interior as well....actually the whole car was a let down for me.
Not to sure about the exterior of the holden either. Previous Caprice was very classy inside. I think the door skins in the whole BA range could have been done better.... a little less hard plastic and more soft vinyl of felt velour.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:12   #3 (permalink)

I've only seen the new Fairlane in magazines or on TV, but it looks identical to the Falcon! Never has the Fairlane looked so similar.
If I was in the market for a LWB luxo barge, I would go Holden for sure, at least the Caprice doesn't look like a stretched commodore....
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:27   #4 (permalink)

I've just ordered a G220 - it was going to be the Caprice, but the g/f wanted to be limo'd on holidays with DVDs in the back seats... Not a chance!
(Black with sunroof. - Funeral Director on standby...)
ƒ
flow_aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 16:21   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow_aus
I've just ordered a G220 - it was going to be the Caprice, but the g/f wanted to be limo'd on holidays with DVDs in the back seats... Not a chance!
ƒ
He would have got carsick, so you would have been vacuuming up vegetable soup after every trip.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 17:58   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow_aus
?

Good stuff flow... Keep that lady of yours happy eh? Buy a LTD just to make her happy on holidays, so she can act like lady muck in the back seat .. Just dont tell her about the supercharger/extractors/ecu mods that give it 350 rwkw for your satisfaction...
She might notice when you give it some welly from the lights though hehe..
ricecooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 01:54   #7 (permalink)

Venom I agree. Check out the sales brochure, bugger all diff between Fairlane and the LTD.
V8, 10 way elec seats, sun roof, thats about it !
Even the sound system is the same as base Fairlane! I looked at the Statesman and it is features ahead. Go to Holdens site and do the model comparison, it will suprise you.
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 05:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrms1450
Venom I agree. Check out the sales brochure, bugger all diff between Fairlane and the LTD.
V8, 10 way elec seats, sun roof, thats about it !
Even the sound system is the same as base Fairlane! I looked at the Statesman and it is features ahead. Go to Holdens site and do the model comparison, it will suprise you.
There's another compelling reason why the G220 is worth it. Some fleet companies have the G220 HUGELY cheaper than the Caprice - More than $5k cheaper per year. $'s win in some cases...

ƒ
Old 07-26-2003, 06:55   #9 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomTE50
Has anyone out there sighted the new LTD yet? I drove the Fairlane G220 but couldn't believe the stark interior. Plastic door skins etc. I want to know how dressed up the interior of the LTD is otherwise I am close to buying the Statesman Caprice. I can hardly believe I said that...What do others think of the Fairlane interior. I was gob smacked. It is a BA XT Falcon with leather. Come on Ford...you can't be serious!!!
Did the salesman tell you about the ISS (Intellingent Safety System)? Eg: Where the computer senses the severity of an accident to determine how to deploy the airbags. Where the computer determines the size of the occupants to determine how to deploy the airbags and whether to deploy them all (eg if there is only a driver then only the drivers steering wheel mounted airbag and drivers side-airbag will only deploy). The Electronic brake distribution? Where the ABS applies more brake force to front wheels (ie when you over steer under brakes) and less to the rear wheels? What about the ride/handling of the G220? Double Wishbone front suspension, Control blade rear suspension (duh) specially tuned to deliver maximum bump absorbsion while providing superior roadholding. Also the fact that Statesman/Caprice still run a Mcpherson Strut front end and "ancient" IRS (for lack of a better word). SSS with 3 modes: normal, adaptive shift and full tiptronic auto vs Holdens Economy and Power modes. Standard "redline leather" (red and black leather) full black leather is a no cost option. Standard leather in Fairlane/LTD.... Optional in Statesman (as far as I know).

I could go on. How do I know all this? Fairlane and FPV drive day I attended on Friday.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:13   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Did the salesman tell you about the ISS (Intellingent Safety System)? Eg: Where the computer senses the severity of an accident to determine[...] I could go on. How do I know all this? Fairlane and FPV drive day I attended on Friday.
For me - the sales person wanted to sell me an Xr6 turbo. Not having one on the lot they tried to Bulls&&t me into driving a normally aspirated version. Hardly. Got a drive in a ute, but it sucked. The Ford website as bad as it is has provided me most of my details.

Anyway - it's not a race car and I'm (cough) not going to drive it like one.

hahah... I'm just kidding myself.

ƒ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons