Series II BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2003, 03:48   #1 (permalink)

Question Series II BA

When are these due anyone know?

I'll be first to order when these come out.... assuming no bastardisation cosmetically... coughvytailcough...
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2003, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Should be third or fourth quarter next year. Territory is soaking up development time so it won't be done until after it is released in June.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:39   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Series II BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxr8
Should be third or fourth quarter next year. Territory is soaking up development time so it won't be done until after it is released in June.
What is your source bossxr8? From what I have read in both MOTOR and WHEELS, the series 2 is expected in the first quarter before the Territory and Fesita are launched, as only minor ungrades will be made with the exception of a new performance 6 speed auto for prestige and performance models.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:53   #4 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Its easy to work out. The launch of the Territory has a very high importance and it is due out around June. Development of this is soaking up the engineering resources. Only once development of it is finished will full resources be put towards BA2, and with the BA selling so well there is no need to replace it just yet. Because of this the BA2 is a lower priority at the moment but it will appear some months after the Territory launch, so that should be later next year. Don't go by what Motor prints in there dateline as it is mostly guesswork. The BA2 will not appear before the Territory. That is 100%.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:12   #5 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Is it possible that all of the paper work etc for the BAII is signed off by now?

I know that the next face lift for camary was signed off months ago.
XR6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:13   #6 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxr8
Don't go by what Motor prints in there dateline as it is mostly guesswork. The BA2 will not appear before the Territory. That is 100%.
Thanks bossxr8,

I wasn't going on MOTOR's dateline info, rather the independent articles written regarding series 2 changes like the gearbox and them quoting 'out in early 2004'.

I for one hope this is true as I was waiting for series 2, but I take on board what you’re saying none the less. Although I understand the importance of the Territory, I wouldn't under estimate the priority Ford will make in maintaining sales momentum of the Falcon, which is ultimately paying off its own and Territory's investment.

If Ford let the series 1 run too long while series 2 VY is out, unless the VY2 is a pig, it will undo much that has been gained in the race for market share. Something I'm sure Holden is counting on.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:26   #7 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Development is being done at the moment but not as much as is normally done for Falcon. The VY2 won't really be a threat to BA sales as it is just a basic update to cosmetics. As long as Ford sell as many as they can make it won't be a problem.
Old 07-24-2003, 23:14   #8 (permalink)

March/April 2004

Guys, the way I see it, it will have to be around March/April 2004 for a number of reasons:

1. Ensure Ford keeps the sales momentum of the BA Falcon going. Most manufacturers work on an 18 month lifecycle, which means interest in a 'new' car begins to dwidle around this time. This puts release of the BAII around the March/April 2004 timeframe.

2. To ensure a wide spread of vehicle release dates. As Territory will be released around the June/July 2004 timeframe, Ford would want to ensure that the BA II does not take the "spotlight" away from the all new Territory model which must sell at least 25,000 just to break-even.

3. Ford will NOT want to go head-to-head with Holden in the release of the VZ Commodore. The new VZ will have the HFV6 (190kW+ guaranteed), five speed auto transmission (same as that used in the BMW), revised IRS and other driver assist technology. In fact, Ford would prefer to put the all new Territory up-against the VZ as a complete new alternative to buying a standard sedan (ie..VZ Commodore). If Ford is smart, then it will also want to beat Holden to the title for the first locally manufactured car to get an auto transmission with greater than 4 gears. This will also take the sparkle out of Holdens Sep/Oct 2004 release of the VZ, which would then be considered more a mere "catch-up" model.

4. Ford is getting alot of critisism about the weight and quality of the BA Falcon. Ford needs to set this straight by releasing a BA series II (asap!)and ensuring these issues are closed, both in the minds of potential retail buyers (perception) and fleet buyers who only care about resale value. If these problems are not fixed, we could easily see the resale of the Falcon plunging again as more BA's come out of warranty periods, maintenance goes up, and resale comes down.

My bet is around the March/April 2004.
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 23:25   #9 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Some good points James. Lets hope your right with the launch date!

Old 07-25-2003, 00:18   #10 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

I think some people are quick to dismiss the current DOHC I6 up against the HFV6... not a wise move! Just remember - with the new 6 speed auto, providing many improvements in refinement, performance, and economy, the BA2 will be well and truly able to hold it's own against VZ.

After all, who knows how heavy the VZ will be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons