Should Ford Aus. make a coupe? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What do you think about a Falcon Coupe?
Yes, it would be wonderfull... Maybe cant afford it now, but will be able to buy it as used car 31 38.27%
I would be able to afford it, and would buy it! 14 17.28%
Im a Family man, kids wont fit in the back 2 2.47%
Coupe's are not my type, i dont like them! 6 7.41%
It would be something to compete with Monaro! 28 34.57%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2003, 09:00   #1 (permalink)
Disco Stu

Should Ford Aus. make a coupe?

I am a Loyal Ford Fan, but the cars that i owned and will own is Japanese!
I keep whishing that one day, i will own a Ford but maybe that day will come when i get married or something!
My First car was a R33 Skyline gtst, brought it when 18 and recently sold it! Now currently have a N15 Pulsar, to get me around untill i save up enougth money to get myself a Mazda RX7 series6.
Wouldnt it be great to see a Falcon coupe? Maybe it wont happen on the BA but can happen on the next generation Falcon 2006?
Give us your feedback, on what do you think about this issue?
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2003, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: Should Ford Aus. make a coupe?

Here's a few pictures of an XR8 coupe made by DreamTech. I took these pics at the Melbourne Motor Show earlier this year during the FPV Day weekend.

As for Ford building one at the factory... no idea! Would be nice but it probably won't happen. Not in the near future anyway.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 20:19   #3 (permalink)

The best selling sedan based coupes in australia (relative to the market at that time) would be the Charger and the Hyundai Excel. These coupes were available model for model with the Four door, and were marginally CHEAPER.

If ford want a coupe to go down in Australian History like the Charger, they would do well to follow that formula !

G
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 21:04   #4 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I don't really see the need for a coupe...sure it could be Ford's match for the Monaro...but I still don't see it as important or worth it for Ford to go that way.
Old 10-13-2003, 21:11   #5 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Ford return on investment would be marginal at best. I would rather see them develop cars such as the R5 type vehicle and other Falcon/Territory derivatives. More scope for greater volume and overseas markets.
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 21:14   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

No need, lets focus on cars that will ensure ford profitability, and therefore continued success, rather than losing site of the bigger picture and going off on a tangent building a lot of costly niche vehicles
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 00:33   #7 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Absolutely brilliant idea. I have no need whatsover for 4 doors, or even a back seat, that's why I have a ute.

Bring it on.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 00:49   #8 (permalink)

Yep why not. Didn't really work last time, but in another thirty years or-so there'll be a whole new crop of old coupe enthusiasts who'll love rebuilding 'em...

Rgds,
Tacrat
tacrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 00:57   #9 (permalink)
Go-Fast Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFUNK
I am a Loyal Ford Fan, but the cars that i owned and will own is Japanese!
I keep whishing that one day, i will own a Ford but maybe that day will come when i get married or something!
My First car was a R33 Skyline gtst, brought it when 18 and recently sold it! Now currently have a N15 Pulsar, to get me around untill i save up enougth money to get myself a Mazda RX7 series6.
Wouldnt it be great to see a Falcon coupe? Maybe it wont happen on the BA but can happen on the next generation Falcon 2006?
Give us your feedback, on what do you think about this issue?

It may even look like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BA GT Coupe.JPG (35.3 KB, 105 views)

My Ride: http://www.fordforums.com/garage/ind...ODE=12&CID=114

http://xtatic.hoppitt.net
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:50   #10 (permalink)

I recon it would be awsome, In my opinion the xa hardtop was and still is the most tuffest car ford has ever built. But if they were to build a coupe it should not just be a falcon with the back doors choped off, but like the original and have that awsome sloped back end.
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons