Ford Forums banner

SIDO Wait

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  BigCol 
#1 ·
SIDO Wait, how long is long enough?

Hi All,

I've been waiting for a SIDO for over three weeks. Order went through with the dealer but dealer says the ball's in Ford's court now. Yes I do expect wait for what I ordered but as long as there's no SIDO there's no chance of a schedule.

How long have others had to wait for a SIDO and schedule?

This is my first Ford ever so I have no allegiance to the brand. I would give up except for the fact that the XR8 ute is such a bloody good package and I'm way less impressed with the other team.

Yours in limbo,

MADDER (and MADDER)

#5 ·
Well, I ordered my XR8 in early May, and got a Sido the next week.

You guys who took a long time to get a Sido - are you buying from Country dealers or are you buying from city dealers with higher XR allocations per month?

Have you been active in calling your dealer to get a Sido, or did you sit back and wait for them to phone it through to you?

Lukeyson

#6 ·
Luke Plaizier - how many weeks wait for you?? did you cop the price rise? I put my order in on A saturday and got the Sido on Tuesday - told the wait was around six weeks - counting down till the 6th June now!!

#7 ·
Just to add to the frustration I ordered a n/a XR6 (some extras)on 17 March, sido a couple of days later (2 from memory). Car left factory 16 May, delivery 23 May. So about 10 weeks, give or take a couple of days ( dont forget this time period also include a easter shutdown!).

Just I thought from the wise - be patient - all those good things come to those who wait. I know it is frustrating, but it will be built, its just every other person wants what we want yesterday.

And before anyone says anything Iam not be sarcastic - just realistic!

#8 ·
Luke,

I'm ordering from an outer-suburban dealer that gave me a sweet deal. I rang him every day for two-weeks. Now I ring every couple of days. I think the problems might be that:

1. It's a ute.

2. Leather.

3. Auto.

4. Passenger airbag. (optional because tradies don't care about passengers)

Oh, and the Premium sound.

Not exactly a combination that the dealers are being flooded with.

What gives with the allocation system. How could that affect me? Does it limit how many XR's the dealer can get built in a given period?

Thanks all.

#11 ·
SIDO = Confirmation?

Thanks for your input Philbie and XR6HOON.

Within two days of the my order the dealer claims he was given a number from Ford that was an order confirmation number but not a SIDO. He claims that there is a difference between the two.

Can anyone confirm this distinction for me?

Could this explain why others had to wait for their SIDO like Kadir and MYGT?

#12 ·
I think l know now.

Given that the FF search engine has been diabled I scanned through to find other people's stories of pain regarding SIDOs.

I think I worked out my problem......

...not the options,...

...not the auto,...

must be the fleet pricing!

Working for a supplier I have to endure the wait and frustration that we have put Ford through at various times.

It's evil uncle Geoff's payback time!

G
#16 ·
I ordered my XR6n/a on Friday 09/05 and was given Sido on the spot... Option Leather, Premium Sound, alarm etc. got call from dealer on friday last week, car is at dealer and we can pick up on Thursday.
Almost 3 weeks from order to delivery.... Lucked out by the sounds of it.. And got nearly $6K discount off RRP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.