Six stacker question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 00:35   #1 (permalink)

Six stacker question

Just a small but important question.
When i was shopping around for my ute i was told by one dealer not to play burnt CD's in the six stacker, as due to what people write on the disk was causing the CD's to become jammed in, AND that ford will NOT cover this under warranty.

NOW. I have looked and i can't see anything in my owners manual about this.
Has anyone else been told this?
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2003, 00:57   #2 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

Well I wasn't told this, and all I have been doing is playing burnt cd's in my XR8. The thing works well, sounds good and all. Don't think it would stuff it up. Just use a texta and write the stuff. I don't think that it would cause the machine to fail. Unless some one out there can prove me wrong with some empirical evidence that is backed up credited journal articles!

Alex

"Give me any task to do, and I will find something else to do in it's place." Plato - a definition of procrastination
maco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:12   #3 (permalink)
BA at last

I think there may have been issues with the CD players when using a CD with adhesive labels affixed. Basically, don't stick any labels on them and they should be fine.

I'd like a dealer to try and prove how writing on a CD with a texta can cause issues. Some original CD's you buy today can have fairly extensive artwork on them so are we not allowed to play these?
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:28   #4 (permalink)
Speed Demon

Sounds like a load of crap to me - perhaps the dealer has shares in Sony.....??!!!!
I play burnt cd's in my XR6 Turbo sedan and my partner plays them in his XR6 Turbo ute - sounds fantastic and no problems so far!!!

Phantom, Phantom interior, Auto, 18" wheels, Premium sound, Sports s/wheel, XR scuff plates & floor mats, Tint, Alarm.
XRCISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 05:19   #5 (permalink)
Y T

The only company i have seen reject warranty for use of CDR's and CDRW's is Nakimichi, which is strange seeing as these guys produce $3500 cd/tuners. But I think it has something to do with the variation of thickness and diameter of the cd's.
The BA players dont appear to have any probs with them that we've seen (apart from don't tip it over or upside down when removed, or u render it useless) If it is a Ford warranty issue, they should tell the local DP up here not to use them . . . . noted while I test drove his own XR6t :)
Old 03-31-2003, 03:43   #6 (permalink)

I don't if this is related, as I have not seen the internals of an in-dash multi-stackers. They seem to do quite a bit of work loading and shuttling to change disk's around. I am wondering if the disks are held in some way on the top surface.

If this is the case and incorrect pens are used, maybe some of the ink builds up on part of the mechanism.

I use a CD labelling kit for burn't CD's in a single disc player - the basic labels were fine but the glossy's, which are a lot thicker and heavier (basically ink jet photo paper with a binder) fouled the player.
KAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons