some stuff the ef/el owners out there can do! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2002, 21:15   #1 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf
some stuff the ef/el owners out there can do!

i am taking this out of the street machine magazine so if anything is wrong so come abusing me!!! ;-)

and i quote.

on a standard ef six premium fuel was worth 4kw, no doubt due to the ignition advance from the knock sensor. A set of genie headers and a 2.5 inch exhaust(standard cat) was worth 6kw. A 3 inch mandrell bent pipe between the air cleaner and the throttle body was tested, showing a gain of 4kw in the top end. So, power was increased by a combination of these three things, gaining an extra 12 percent in power and improving acceleration times for the 0-100kmph dash by 0.5 sec. The managment was not altered for these test, so a properly tuned eec-v would net further gains. Next step would be a cam change.

end quote.

i would have to say i agree with this as we did this to a mates car you could notice the extra pick up. after doing these mods my mate went out and bought a pod hooked up one of my cold air set ups and put in a high flow cat and installed a cam and had the ports taken out to xr specs (but standard valves)then had the eec-v tuned. i cant remember the dyno figure but it managed to reel of a 14.6 with a set of 3.7 in the diff and a t-5 box.

anyways it just some more grass to chew on for the ef/el blokes out there

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2002, 21:37   #2 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Just a quick question, was that a letter written in street machine ages ago (about 2 years??) cos that sounds like the exact reply that was printed for a letter i wrote to them about 2 years ago Lee from SA is me

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 17:42   #3 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf
yeah it might have been you,
as i said in the post i got that info from a street machine august 2001
it was from lee westphalen from flagstaff hill sa. was that you?
and did you try the mods sugested?if so how'd they go?

if it was you -well- what a spin out!!

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 20:39   #4 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Yeah that was me :D unfortunately though my mods have been a litttle more limited than what they suggested. I have only done a cat back exhaust (no extractors) pod filter on existing EF piping, and i only ever run premium (mainly 98, some 95) fuel. With these few mods the car does breath a heck of a lot better in the top end, and freely revs to the 5,500 redline. As for improved 0-100/400m times, i wouldnt know as i have never timed them, but i would say it is marginally quicker for sure, but mainly just much nicer to drive

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons