Ford Forums banner

SOmetimes Congratulations are In Order - DJR Beastie

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  svtang 
#1 ·
Just a quick post to say that having now seen the DJR 320 and seeing some of the criticisms some people have come up with I have to put my hands together for a fine effort. Rob Herrod and the rest of the crew have brought together a car to be proud of.

In my opinion the car is classy, sporty, well presented and (maybe showing my age here) is an almost perfect balance of understated yet masculine looks.

Okay okay I hear the negatives on the bonnet thingo and stuff like that but I'd be interested in hearing (specifically in this thread) only from those who would seriously have the $90k odd moolah and match the buyer profile for this sort of car (not someone who THINKS they are in the profile).

I remember when the Monaro was launched how Holden couldn't hope to build enough of them and how everyone knew someone who'd paid a deposit. Seems strange how I walked in two months after launch and got a car in three days.

So, if you're a buyer or possible buyer (I'm thinking the equivalent of the Holden side's CSV operation) what do you most like about the DJR320. I wish I had a spare $90k......

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmmm, I love the looks of it, its very agressive, it looks different, bolder than the GT, I think that one of the things that appeal to me.
After the looks of the T3, i think the look of theGT is a bit soft, needs to look aggressive, this is where the DJR beast comes in. The plastic on the bonnet, well in the pics I dont mind it, would love to see it in the flesh before i decide tho.
The rear is a bit disapointing to me, as is the GT rear etc, I think the BA rear is just missing something, just my humble opinion.
I love the interior, looks very good, and unique, again I like it.
I also like the 320 kw motor, I am someone that rarely modifies their car, usually happy with the way it comes, so by having a XR8 crankedto give those sort of figures, to me is awesome. I for one would be interested in purchasing one. I was thinking of a GT-P around Sept, might now make it a DJR-320. May have to go to Qld and visit one Dick Johnson

#4 ·
looks great....for some reason it looks nice and sleek....almost like a coupe. but 90K? Wheels magazene didnt think it felt like it went much harder than the GT, if any harder at all. if they droppped the price it would be great. but its not worth 30K more than a stock GT

#5 ·
I love the brakes... I love the wheels... I love the exhaust... I love the engine

I like the rear spoiler, I like the body kit

I don't like the bonnet stick on

I'm concerned about the manual gearbox, and clutch longevity and the rear diff's capacity to cope with hard launches that are possible, and likely to regularly happen.

#7 ·
Drivetrain durability should not be a problem because it doesn't make much more torque than a GT. If I had the extra money I would love to own one but I would want a GT rear wing and I would want it without the bonnet moulding. It is possible to have these things as options or delete options in the case of the bonnet moulding, as it says in the Wheels article they are built to the customers specs.

#10 ·
Best Ford getting around except for the bonnet scoop I to would like a different wing or spoiler on the back here is a pic of the bonnet DJR should use for there cars.Borrowed this pic from Photoshop forum put together by zc347...and some thoughts on a rear spoiler something different maybe..

#12 ·
XRFPV8 said:
Best Ford getting around except for the bonnet scoop I to would like a different wing or spoiler on the back here is a pic of the bonnet DJR should use for there cars.Borrowed this pic from Photoshop forum put together by zc347...and some thoughts on a rear spoiler something different maybe..

XRFPV8 mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that bonnet looks !@#%!@ing unbelievable. No doubt someone will come up with that cosmetic mod in the future. Imagine if you could get your air intake behind those snouts!!

#13 ·
fullthrottle said:
XRFPV8 mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that bonnet looks !@#%!@ing unbelievable. No doubt someone will come up with that cosmetic mod in the future. Imagine if you could get your air intake behind those snouts!!
yes when I seen that bonnet in Photoshop i said it was the most functional mod ever seen in Photoshop I think the XR6 turbo boys would love the snorts also keep that turbo cool..

thx

#14 ·
I actually like the subtle body kit. I'm getting a bit sick of 3 foot high rear wings etc.
I love the wheels. Gives it a BMWish look.
I would lose the bonnet decoration, or perhaps colour code it, as it stands out too abruptly.
Overall, the proof will be in the pudding. It needs to out perform a GT, else there is no point. Not sure what the performance numbers are or if they have even been released?

#15 ·
XWGT said:
I actually like the subtle body kit. I'm getting a bit sick of 3 foot high rear wings etc.
I love the wheels. Gives it a BMWish look.
I would lose the bonnet decoration, or perhaps colour code it, as it stands out too abruptly.
Overall, the proof will be in the pudding. It needs to out perform a GT, else there is no point. Not sure what the performance numbers are or if they have even been released?
Agree 110%!!! The subtle aggressive look is what makes the Audi S series and the BMW M series work so well (not to mention AMG etc). Never been a fan of huge wings and ridiculous body kits - if a car can't look fantastic with a simple lowering job and decent rims, then how will look BETTER with a bigger, uglier body kit!!!

The DJR kit is the best aftermarket job on the BA I have seen, apart from the bonnet atrocity.

I'm with AP on this one, top job all in all.

#17 ·
Yes, DJR and Herrods have done a brilliant job on this one. IMHO, the best thing about the car are the wheels and tyres, even more than the engine. Thing is, they look seriously functional, because the BA, with all it's mass, NEEDED the contact patch in order to be able to pull some G's, and this package looks like it's upto it. I've always thought the FPV cars look under-tyred, especially from the back.

I'm seriously thinking about putting a set on my XR8 together with Herrods springs. Anyone enquired with Herrods yet as to whether they will supply this wheel and tyre combination, and if so, how much? I believe those Dunlops are not available here in Aus?

#20 ·
well $8,000 sounds a lot for the wheels and tyres
But in reality the 18's on the GT must be close to a $7000 package,
correct me if I am wrong (working on approx $1400 a wheel / tyre combination, and remembering you need 5)

#21 ·
I know people like Flinty are probably choking on their FPV caps right now but it is a fine aftermarket vehicle. The fact is some buyers will walk straight up to this not even looking at an FPV.

And I have to say one thing. DON'T even think of trying to justify the FPV over the DJR based on testing and development, quality etc because from my experience FPV can't exactly stand on a high horse and preach.

Once again, product wise I congratulate both FPV and DJR on offering what I believe are complimentary products. I see different buyer profiles and at the end of the day as long as we whip out more Ford badges on the hi-po cars that's all that matters!!!

#22 ·
Aussie Pete said:
Once again, product wise I congratulate both FPV and DJR on offering what I believe are complimentary products. I see different buyer profiles and at the end of the day as long as we whip out more Ford badges on the hi-po cars that's all that matters!!!
Well said Pete, I couldnt agree more, my only concern with purchasing the DJR vehicle, is that living here in Tassie, they would have to convince me that it could be maintened well / warrantied properly down here in the Apple Isle

#24 ·
Has it been mentioned or have I missed it but is the DJR donor car an XR8 or a GT????

If it is an XR8 its close to double the original cost!!!!

Saying that it still looks pretty horn....

#25 ·
TwinPiston said:
Has it been mentioned or have I missed it but is the DJR donor car an XR8 or a GT????

If it is an XR8 its close to double the original cost!!!!

Saying that it still looks pretty horn....
DJR cars are XR8's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.