Spotties/Driving Lamps to fit EF XR6? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2003, 06:31   #1 (permalink)

Spotties/Driving Lamps to fit EF XR6?

Are there driving lamps or spotlights that will fit nicely into the Brake duct slots in the front spoiler for a EF XR6?
I am needing a part number or store to purchase from as I live in Scotland and need to get stuff sent over.
Thanks if you can assist

Last edited by UKXR6; 10-21-2003 at 06:55.
UKXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2003, 20:23   #2 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Re: Spotties/Driving Lamps to fit EF XR6?

There are no factory ones, UKXR6 so I would advise shop around locally for some aftermarket ones.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 23:40   #3 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

PS, can you give us some feedback on the XR6 over there, and the reaction it gets...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:52   #4 (permalink)

Many thanks outback_ute... To be honest, for a country that made major developments to the car industry over the years, Britain is a hard and expensive place to own or mod your car in any form. The boy racer stuff is out there off the shelf, but the services associated with Imported cars is slim. There just not into making mods as much as in the Southern Hemisphere. Even the local ford garage cannot service the veichle correctly as they have no part numbers and tech info for it, ( strange that for a company with the same name ) ...so I have been relying on service manuals and the internet to try and get info.
Dont mean to write a novel... but as far as the reaction goes with the ol XR6, its very funny!
When guys see the XR6 badge they ask if its a 6 cylinder, and then try to guess the size of it. Most ask is it a 2.6 or 2.8 ....So when I drop in its a 4 litre most of them freak and its not till I pop the hood that really believe me!.... Gas is very expensive over here and heavily taxed, still I am surprised at how economical she is really for all that grunt. I had a XF panel van (carb) in NZ and that sucked more juice.
Tell you what though, it makes me jelous to hear all the boys talking about going down to the local wreakers yard and picking up another diff or whatever. That mate would be heaven!!!
outback_ute... if you or any other lads know of a good mail order parts company, could you please let me know of it?
Anyhow, cheers for the relpy, I will try and source some lamps that fill the gap as best as they can...
UKXR6
Old 10-22-2003, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Happy lil Vegemite

Hi UKXR6,
Sorry I cant help re ya driving light Q .
How did the car get to be in Scotland? and what sort of $ are you paying for a litre of fuel?
Hope you dont mind the 3 degree but loved your story re capacity and the locals lol.
-AL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Happy lil Vegemite

p.s any pics of it with scottish landmarks at all?(dont want much do i )
Old 10-22-2003, 02:34   #7 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

You can get the Fairlane cornering lamps that fit in the holes, but will need rewireing to use as fog/driving lamps.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:44   #8 (permalink)

-AL- she costs me 50 to fill up, which is about AUD $120.00
Next time you fill up think of me!
....... Is all comparable I guess with wages and prices.... Fuel is at about .78 pence per litre.
I dont really have any photos of landmarks but here is one from last night when we had a bit of hail and snow!... Poor ol falcon, she cant be liking the fact we are going into another winter.
The car was imported by Tickfords director at the time, back in `95 and when he retired he sold it on. I have had four falcons now, and just had to have a piece of home, so when i saw it up for grabs, I grabbed! Although she is a tidy wagon 173,000 , there is not alot of market for them here as no one knows what they are, or is prepared to source parts from the other side of the world for it.

TIKFD6 - what model fairlane are we talking about for the lights?? do they fit in well, or is there alot of mucking about to do?
Cheers, UKXR6
Old 10-22-2003, 02:51   #9 (permalink)

sorry here is a photo....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg falcon with snow falling.jpg (34.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-22-2003, 02:58   #10 (permalink)
Happy lil Vegemite

Wow looks cold there(same here ATM) This thread migh help you Corner Lights for my EF Fairmont Last post sums it up i think.

Also cost me 38.9 for LPG and 89.9 for ULP on Sat arvo here.

Last edited by -AL-; 10-22-2003 at 03:02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons