starting problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 00:39   #1 (permalink)

starting problem

i have an ED wagon that has been sitting for a year and now wont start.When i turn the ignition on the blinker lights come on and thats about it.I have tried other batteries with no success. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
faarkew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 21:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: starting problem

Well mate, you may have a bit of work to do. First of all, let's hope you have procured a new battery. Assuming that the engine turns over on the starter and with no stuck valves etc., you must turn your attention to the fuel system. Fuel left in tanks and lines will go off in about 3 months. The lighter fuel fractions evaporate and render the remaining fuel useless.

1. Clean out the fuel tank, and put some fresh fuel in it (say 20l).
2. Remove the fuel return hose from the fuel pressure regulator and purge the fuel lines and injector rail with fresh fuel to rid the sytem of stale fuel. You may need to cycle the igniiton switch several times to achieve this.
3. Check for spark at the plugs.
4. Try for a start again.

Good luck!
fordboy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 22:04   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faarkew2 View Post
i have an ED wagon that has been sitting for a year and now wont start.When i turn the ignition on the blinker lights come on and thats about it.I have tried other batteries with no success. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
Gidday mate,i have a simialar problem,but my starter moter doesnt engage an turn over the engine. Iv checked fuses,etc,charged the battery.Every thing else works on the electrical circiut,lights,wipers washers,blinkers,interior lights etc,just the bloody starter wont engege an turn the moter over.im at the stage i think its time for an auto electrician! cheers an good luck!
woodyicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:17   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyicm View Post
Gidday mate,i have a simialar problem,but my starter moter doesnt engage an turn over the engine. Iv checked fuses,etc,charged the battery.Every thing else works on the electrical circiut,lights,wipers washers,blinkers,interior lights etc,just the bloody starter wont engege an turn the moter over.im at the stage i think its time for an auto electrician! cheers an good luck!
Try bypassing the solenoid, Check for power to the starter.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 14:58   #5 (permalink)

good thought, my uncle had the same problem
DaPrayingDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons