Suggestions for colour of boot? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 06:40   #1 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Suggestions for colour of boot?

Me got a morron ea, was wondering on everyone/anyones opinions on what colour boot install will go well with the exterior colour? I'm not worried if it matches the interior as the boot will be the main focus of the car. I have contemplated a few colours, and have ruled out purple and yellow (basscrazy and sphell have done this already.) I would also like to steer away from white...

Anyone? The goal is class, I've contemplated all soughts of ideas, my most extravagent being to cover it in camel skin/sandy colour suede, hmmm a bit out of my price range and skills at the moment though :(

Old 03-07-2003, 15:49   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Ok, I've got a couple of ideas that would be in keeping with the 'classy' theme....

1 - Make it a metallic burgundy to match the exterior of the car, but use chrome highlights to tie in with your wheels (you can buy chrome coloured paint to do this).

2 - Make it black or charcoal colour, but with grey highlights to match in with your new door pods.

3 - Make it grey (like your new pods) with burgundy highlights to tie in with the outside of the car.

Hopefully this helps out a bit, mate. Or at least gives your some more ideas....

Cheers
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 16:51   #3 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

That dark charcoal grey colour you like so much would look nuts. Metallic and all. That would match your interior, and certainly wouldn't argue with the exterior. And as Dave said some chrome highlights around the place.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 22:23   #4 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

oooooh so many delicious flavours to choose from, I like the idea of metalic burgundy with chrome highlights, I think charcoal grey will blend into the amp to much, as will black to the sub....

Even if it's not so much classy suggest it, I'm open to all ideas.

Keep em comin!!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:03   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Suggestions for colour of boot?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rmyers
Me got a morron ea,

dude, not everyone likes EA's but calling it a morron (moron) is not nice !!!!
hheheheeh

sorry, just picking on your spelling
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 02:09   #6 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

bah, I couldn't remember how to spell it!
Old 03-09-2003, 04:45   #7 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Well here's my install as it is now, not much to look at for the moment, but that'll change soon. I've decided to go camel skin vinyl (if such thing exists :>)

It was origionally scheduled to be completed by the next meet, by I have decided not to rush myself, and will be a while before it all comes together, but when it does, it'll be pretty damn good!

I've got some pretty funky ideas in mind, some probably less feasible than others, but i'll see how I go :)

P.s Just got it db tested, 139.9db, and damn does this sub move (over 3 inches of excursion. Hmmm .2db better than my personal best, but i'm sure I can crack 140 with a little fine tuning! The only thing is that I'm glad I didn't lose any points!
Old 03-09-2003, 12:11   #8 (permalink)

What's that round metal thing?
(I can still remember when Ferris bought out their first push button radio)
Old 03-09-2003, 12:20   #9 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

It's a 1.5 farad capacitor. It stores power. These amps drain a lot of power and often the battery can't deliver power quickly enough to keep the voltage even. When the voltage drops the amps haven't got enough power to put out there full potential. What the capacitor does is it keeps the voltage even by delivering short bursts of power whenever the voltage drops.

Mainly a sound quality thing, but if your electrical system is not up to scratch, or your amps are pretty innefficient (as mine are), it certainly helps to have one of these babies wired up. Personally it gave about 3db increase to my system, not bad at all :)
Old 03-09-2003, 13:49   #10 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

If the voltage jumps round on the guage in the cluster when the amps on full steam would i need a cap? Its not in the car at the moment as im in the process of doing a few things with another car.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons