Ford Forums banner

Sun visors in BA

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
Are the sun visors alomost useless or not?
Being over Six foot tall i find it difficult to see under the sunvisor in its down position. Its like it needs more upward movement so i see under it.

#5 ·
I am also over 6' tall and find the visors next to useless. They block out a good 85% of the road ahead, they just don't get close enough to the windshield.

#6 ·
I'm 6'4"

The sunvisor in the BA (and most cars for that mattter) is absolutely useless. Although if i sit really upright, i can usually be close enough to the roof that the sun is blocked anyway. Not very confortable, but usually not or too long a time. Frustrating though. If i sit normally and put the visor down, i cant even see the road. :AAHHH:

The one in my Mondeo is actually one of the best of any car. The 3-series beemer is quite good too. It really shouldnt be that hard or ford to design a better version.

#9 ·
I don't find them too bad, and even though I am only 5'4", I sit pretty tall. The one annoying aspect I have noticed about them is that when you flip them to the side, they rattle against the "wall" of the car....which is bloody annoying because it is hard plastic rattling on hard plastic.

#10 ·
The problem (not limited to the BA) is that most of the locally built cars seem to be built for those of short stature.
Lots of seat adjustment upwards, but not enough in the direction of your bum. I am not anything like a 2metre tall giant but run into headroom problems with most of the locals.
Is it my big head (brain?) or my short arms and legs?

Last few local cars I have owned/driven;
VS Commodore, OK with manual seat adjustment, just.
VT Commodore, electric seats introduced, a real squeeze, no go with a sunroof.
VT Calais, I got this as a company car and upset everybody by sending it back as undriveable (by me).
Verada(s), no problem.
Camry (rentals), generally OK.
BA Ghia with sunroof, just OK except for useless visors.

A few Jap/Euro cars have been OK.

Who applies the ergonomic standards and which bio data are they using?

Lack of headroom in a shunt is a serious safety issue (head meets decelerating solid bits).
Poorly executed visors that may impinge on your view and sightlines are also a big safety issue, perhaps leading to the shunt in the first place.

What do the guys who run standard cars in sprints etc do when they are wearing helmets?
Make an appointment with the physio for the next day?

#11 ·
I believe it's more a case of the driver seat not being able to be lowered enough. I had the same problem on my AU as with the BA and agree 100% with what's being said.

I don't have the same problem in the Monaro CV8 though.

It's just another thing on AP's list:

- find out if seat rails can be lowered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.