Sunroof install problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 01:19   #1 (permalink)

Sunroof install problem

I recently removed my factory sunroof from my xc coupe to replace the seals and give it a respray. After getting the sunroof back, and picking up a new after-market sunroof seal kit, i proceeded to stick them in position. The 2 felt seals went in ok but the third rubber seal is a bit of a problem. Not sure exactly where its supposed to go. It looks like it goes at the back of the lid but which way around?.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.
xc hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Origi-Bulge (tm)

Re: Sunroof install problem

Pics would be handy...

Cows would live a lot longer if they weren't made out of steak and leather
Klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:03   #3 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc hardtop
I recently removed my factory sunroof from my xc coupe to replace the seals and give it a respray. After getting the sunroof back, and picking up a new after-market sunroof seal kit, i proceeded to stick them in position. The 2 felt seals went in ok but the third rubber seal is a bit of a problem. Not sure exactly where its supposed to go. It looks like it goes at the back of the lid but which way around?.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.
I can help you with some factory diagrams. I will tru and scan them for you in the morning when i get to work.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 19:18   #4 (permalink)
Starlight Blue XTGT

The Rubber seal goes behind the small felt seal on the lid panel , it should be stuck down with the larger flat surface on the bottom & the sealed edge to the front & the open part to the back .
XTGT230HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons