Sydney Motor Show predictions... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2003, 17:02   #1 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

cool Sydney Motor Show predictions...

Hey all,

Just want to predict what I think woudl be the most logical and exciting addition to Ford's line up at the motor show. Whilst the Ford of the late 90's would have been over excited with a new Fiesta, the current Ford not only has the BA and Focus range, but the new Fiesta and Territory range appearing for the first time at the Sydney Motor Show from Thursday.

I'm predicting perhaps a 330kw+ (but labelled to a gentlemen's limit of 306 Japanese style perhaps for avoiding the stupid politicians) stripped own GTHO, with 18 to 19 inchers, full HO kit, worked NA 5.4L V8 engine with no supercharger and aluminium bonnet, guards and other lighter stuff. Maybe even delete half of the interior such as stereo and aircon and make them add on options. This could keep price down as low as $85 to undercut the GTS and make it look completely useless, but by adding aircon and stereo options, would still be about the same sub 100k price.

My prediction for an AWD HSV GTS only seems to make this more sensible. Now that HSV has upped all models to 285, who in their right mind would pay for a 300kw GTS at 99k? I can most definitely see a new, even uglier GTS with extra weight (BA style) running AWD and more power, but perhaps only in the 310-315kw range. No that the stupid Monaro 427 is dead thank god, A stripped GTHO not only suits history, but gives Ford the image leader at a compeitive price to the GTS, but with RWD only for the die hard fans. I think it's the only sensible car they can make really to boost Falcon image and sales. I say rather than trying to brainwash us with sooper dooper zippy Fiestas and Big Family Territorys, kill 3 birds with one stone and pounce on everyone, shock the market into disbelief and bring out the HO.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Last edited by Zetec; 10-13-2003 at 17:18.
Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2003, 17:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Sydney Motor Show predictions...

So tempted to add somehting here but will wait

Who evers going to the show, take your digital cameras!
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 17:57   #3 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Go on!! The idea is to see if you can predict it... before it happens

Old 10-13-2003, 17:58   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

See also the thread in The Pub on this topic
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 23:33   #5 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

why do i get the impression that XWGT knows a little more than I do?!!!!!! Tell tell tell!!!! I'll be going opening night, so I'll know for sure within 12 hours of it being released and will post pics that night. Did they approach the GT club and ask their input on a HO XW???? Sounds the logical move to me, now that they're finally building cars that WE want, not what they want.

Old 10-13-2003, 23:45   #6 (permalink)

I just cant say
have been soooooooo tempted
Personally I dont think it will be ready for the show
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 23:53   #7 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

dammit XW TELL US!
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 00:14   #8 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I agree Zetec. It is definately an important move bringing in the Fiesta and the Territory ranges. Finally the blue oval can be competitive in a large range of segments instead of only a couple.

But dammit XWGT you deserve to be prodded with a stick for making us salivate and suffer now
Old 10-14-2003, 00:49   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
So tempted to add somehting here but will wait

Who evers going to the show, take your digital cameras!
Give us a hint. Um, what is the rough weight of this mystery vehicle?
a) 800kg-1300kg
b) 1300kg-1800kg
c) 1800kg+

:-D
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:50   #10 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

trust me on this one. I'm going. And I just got home this afternoon to a letter from Ford Australia, inviting me as their guest to the Motor Show giving me 2 free tickets because of my registered interest in the Focus (and the fact perhaps that I bought a Zetec about 7 months ago). I think their marketing seems to be picking up a lot. I saw an AWESOME ad on a tram today in Sydney, the whole tram was painted white on both sides, windows included and there was 3/4 of a massive dirt rooster tail... with a 2 door Machine Silver Zetec powering along rally style. It simply said Rally Bred Ford Focus. I loved it. I've also seen the Ford Focus Hang Zone that's floating around the place, there's the TV ad and the motor show exposure with 3 different Foci and finally there's some great billboards with a similar silver Zetec and then the rally car's stickers next to it as if they had been superimposed and then just photoshopped the car out to leave the stickers . "Rally bred Ford Focus, stickers not included"

Seems they're doin well. As for a nice little FPV Focus, well that ain't impossible I guess, but i highly doubt it. and XWGT I am beginning to think my prediections for wither an AWD GT or the stripped GT are correct. Ford seems very coy about it, hasn't said a thing and is being VERY public about it's new Territory and Fiesta range. Sounds like they're trying to produce a VERY healtyh surprise for us all and XW seems only to be confirming that. God hope it's a HO.

And Nobby can I guess maybe 1700kg? Sounds fair to me, maybe 1730kg. I'll most definitely have my digital camera there too. Will fill an entire memory card at Ford stand alone. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons