TE50 front bar on XR?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2004, 20:24   #1 (permalink)

TE50 front bar on XR??

hey im looking for a front bar like the TE50 to put on the XR but im not sure if it would look any good...
im mainly looking for a front bar that opens up like the new XR's
has anyone attached one or do they know of a place where i could get one?
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2004, 23:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: TE50 front bar on XR??

C2R maybe?

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

You'd have to change your whole front headlight assembly because the XR's and the T Series obviously have different headlight setups. Maybe just try modifying your existing bar?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 00:44   #4 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Or change it to a T-Series mockup, oh yeah!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:21   #5 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

or just get the pursuit front in t3 guise.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:38   #6 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Don't loose the XR front. Thats why you buy one. Do like i did to my Series 3 Au XR6. T3 skirts, rear bar and rear wing, and the pursuit lip. Looks good. Hotdbz's car is the same. Only better
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:54   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

If you could find someone to do plastic welding, a bit of cutting & joining would combine the T3 lower with the XR headlights. Perhaps it's worth having a play with Photoshop to see what it would turn out like first, if you are not able to do that I'm sure if you asked in the Photoshop Forum there would be plenty of people who would have a go for you. Check it out thoroughly before diving in, but don't be afraid to do something different!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:23   #8 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
If you could find someone to do plastic welding, a bit of cutting & joining would combine the T3 lower with the XR headlights. Perhaps it's worth having a play with Photoshop to see what it would turn out like first, if you are not able to do that I'm sure if you asked in the Photoshop Forum there would be plenty of people who would have a go for you.
i had the same idea a few months back and approached sydney special vehicles to run my ideas past them and they were pretty keen on the idea but said they would need to find a couple of bars they could cut up and try to join together and that they would need somebody with a donor au xr series falcon that would let them have it for a while so they could get it to fit the vehicle right. from what they said it would be a fairly costly exercise somewhere in the region of $1,000 dollars just for the bar without paint for fitting.
on the photoshop side of things here is a pic that was posted by Falkeen a while back of an au xr with half a t3 lower bumper. hope its what you were after.

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 15:53   #9 (permalink)

Yeah thanks mate, thats what i was looking for

seems like a bit of a costly excersize
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 00:43   #10 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR88U
i had the same idea a few months back and approached sydney special vehicles to run my ideas past them and they were pretty keen on the idea but said they would need to find a couple of bars they could cut up and try to join together and that they would need somebody with a donor au xr series falcon that would let them have it for a while so they could get it to fit the vehicle right. from what they said it would be a fairly costly exercise somewhere in the region of $1,000 dollars just for the bar without paint for fitting.
on the photoshop side of things here is a pic that was posted by Falkeen a while back of an au xr with half a t3 lower bumper. hope its what you were after.

The photo is small. Do you have something bigger?
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons