Ford Forums banner

TE50 front bar on XR??

5K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  DXR88U 
#1 ·
hey im looking for a front bar like the TE50 to put on the XR but im not sure if it would look any good...
im mainly looking for a front bar that opens up like the new XR's
has anyone attached one or do they know of a place where i could get one?

#3 ·
You'd have to change your whole front headlight assembly because the XR's and the T Series obviously have different headlight setups. Maybe just try modifying your existing bar?

#7 ·
If you could find someone to do plastic welding, a bit of cutting & joining would combine the T3 lower with the XR headlights. Perhaps it's worth having a play with Photoshop to see what it would turn out like first, if you are not able to do that I'm sure if you asked in the Photoshop Forum there would be plenty of people who would have a go for you. Check it out thoroughly before diving in, but don't be afraid to do something different!

#8 ·
outback_ute said:
If you could find someone to do plastic welding, a bit of cutting & joining would combine the T3 lower with the XR headlights. Perhaps it's worth having a play with Photoshop to see what it would turn out like first, if you are not able to do that I'm sure if you asked in the Photoshop Forum there would be plenty of people who would have a go for you.
i had the same idea a few months back and approached sydney special vehicles to run my ideas past them and they were pretty keen on the idea but said they would need to find a couple of bars they could cut up and try to join together and that they would need somebody with a donor au xr series falcon that would let them have it for a while so they could get it to fit the vehicle right. from what they said it would be a fairly costly exercise somewhere in the region of $1,000 dollars just for the bar without paint for fitting.
on the photoshop side of things here is a pic that was posted by Falkeen a while back of an au xr with half a t3 lower bumper. hope its what you were after.

#10 ·
DXR88U said:
i had the same idea a few months back and approached sydney special vehicles to run my ideas past them and they were pretty keen on the idea but said they would need to find a couple of bars they could cut up and try to join together and that they would need somebody with a donor au xr series falcon that would let them have it for a while so they could get it to fit the vehicle right. from what they said it would be a fairly costly exercise somewhere in the region of $1,000 dollars just for the bar without paint for fitting.
on the photoshop side of things here is a pic that was posted by Falkeen a while back of an au xr with half a t3 lower bumper. hope its what you were after.

The photo is small. Do you have something bigger?

#11 ·
hi bucknaked,
this is about as big as i can get it without distortion hope its ok..

#13 ·
DXR88U said:
hi bucknaked,
this is about as big as i can get it without distortion hope its ok..

Thats excellent. Thanks very much for posting it for me. I assume its a photo shop. Its brilliant. The T-Series lower half fits in nicely. Fattens the bumper under the Xr lights. Looks great.

JR said:
that actually looks very very tasty.

Wonder who'll be the first on here to actually do it????
I wonder why Fibresports, New Gel or SSV haven't really had a crack at it. Sure the cost of destroying a few front bars has got to be worth the effort. How many people do you think who have T-Series mockups who wouldn' go for that font bar. I know I would happily pay for one. I'd be lining up.

#14 ·
bucknaked said:
Thats excellent. Thanks very much for posting it for me. I assume its a photo shop. Its brilliant. The T-Series lower half fits in nicely. Fattens the bumper under the Xr lights. Looks great.

I wonder why Fibresports, New Gel or SSV haven't really had a crack at it. Sure the cost of destroying a few front bars has got to be worth the effort. How many people do you think who have T-Series mockups who wouldn' go for that font bar. I know I would happily pay for one. I'd be lining up.
i think the answer to getting this project off the ground if for prospective buyers to contact ssv, as i have already made inquires there and spoke with the owner steve white the more requests he gets the more chance there would be of him investing the $$$ and time into manufacturing this bar. i already expressed interest to him in giving him my car as the test mule to try and hurry the process along. but i am still waiting to hear from him as to whether he intends to go ahead with it. i may look into approaching a few other companies to see if they are interested in trying to manufacture it.

#15 ·
bucknaked said:
I don't know why, but I'll be chatting to Mark at Fibresports tomorrow and asking him the question - you can be sure of that!

#17 ·
JR said:
I don't know why, but I'll be chatting to Mark at Fibresports tomorrow and asking him the question - you can be sure of that!
hi JR,
please let us know what fibresports has to say on the matter, as i know if we can get somebody to manufacture one of these bars i would have one fitted in no time flat. in my opinion the bar would be as popular as the pursuit lipped front if given a chance to see the light of day.for some reason nobody really invests much interest in making front bars for the au xr series except for the pursuit lip which is of no use to series 1 owners unless you upgrade to a series 2 onwards front bar which isn't a real cheap option to do.

#21 ·
I've got a series I TE50 Bar that I began mods on to take series 1 TS50 driving lights. The bkts, lights and all are available from ford, all that needs is the air duct holes on the sides to be finished and welded up and the bar repainted. If you going to cut it up any way it might be worth a try. Make me an offer for the bar look in for sale section for pics.

Cheers

TE50 1

#22 ·
DXR88U said:
hi JR,
please let us know what fibresports has to say on the matter, as i know if we can get somebody to manufacture one of these bars i would have one fitted in no time flat. in my opinion the bar would be as popular as the pursuit lipped front if given a chance to see the light of day.for some reason nobody really invests much interest in making front bars for the au xr series except for the pursuit lip which is of no use to series 1 owners unless you upgrade to a series 2 onwards front bar which isn't a real cheap option to do.

I spoke to Mark at Fibresports this morning and while I have to e-mail him the photo so he can have a look he was enthusiastic "in principle" to the idea.

But he did remind me that in the real world it is an issue of cost - and it can take days and weeks of labour to make such a large mould from scratch - a cost which they have to feel the will recoup before they go ahead.

On the plus side; sales of BA stuff in both carbon fibre & fibreglass have exploded to the point where they can't keep up with demand; and the T3 kit is also growing in popularity as more people buy second hand AU's and start doing them up.

They can see the potential, but how many people would "really" buy one is the question bound to come up.

So I ask:
Taking into account the cost (considering that the T3 front bar is around $450-$500 and this would have more labour and more material involved) - which would likely be around the $600-$700 range (in fibreglass only) - if you have an AU XR (series I, II or III) and the bar above was available (XR upper & T3 lower) would you definately buy one???

#23 ·
Man that looks sweet! I want one for my AU Falcon but im thinkin it would be a bit rice to put the XR lights on the front!, That being said though, if no one will bag me out, put my name down for one LOL

#24 ·
hi JR.
thanks for going to the trouble of contacting fibresports. i can honestly say if such a bar was available i would be there with bells on to purchase it and the rest of the T3 kit. all we can do now is hope that enough interest is generated so that they will commit themselves to putting this bar into development stages and market it. as far as pricing goes i don't feel that $600- $700 range is a bad asking price for whats involved in making it. considering that it would cost me more then double that if i was to purchase a new series 2 onwards front bar from ford and fit it to my car with the pursuit lip. :hy:

#25 ·
Supa R00 said:
That photoshop of the T3 and XR is unreal! really does wonders for the front... makes ya wonder why more people hadnt thought of it already.
Goran (myte8) and I had a discussion about that ages ago, I think it was last year coz that picture was taken from our advanced driving course with JB. Not exsactly suer but I think Goran was the one that PS'd that picture. Yes, it's a great idea, but I went with the Pursuit front bar which IMO looks tougher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.