Territory: Is it increasing sales volume or, is it just eating Falcon sales? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Is Territory increasing overall sales volume, or is it just eating Falcon sales?
Yes, Territory is increasing overall volume. 36 59.02%
No, Territory is simply eating Falcon sales and not attracting any new customers to Ford. 6 9.84%
Don't know, Don't Care 19 31.15%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2004, 18:49   #1 (permalink)
Falcon: Back II Back

Question Territory: Is it increasing sales volume or, is it just eating Falcon sales?

I didn't really know whether to put this question in the Falcon or Territory Forum, but here goes.

With export being near enough to impossible for the BA Falcon, Ford Australia made the Territory. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole purpose of the Territory was to increase sales volume without resorting to export. So, here's the question. Is Territory really increasing sales volume, or is it just eating Falcon sales. If you need info, the latest sales figures show that the Falcon sold just a tad over 5000 this month, and is 2nd in it's class behind the Commodore, and the Territory sold just under 1700 this month, and is top of it's class.

My personal opinions are these:
- It is great that the Territory is top of it's class already and selling solidly.
- Territory should be selling closer to 2000 per month if Ford are going to achieve their 25,000 per year sales target, and to increase sales volume.
- Falcon really needs to be selling more like 6000 a month, if Ford really want to increase sales volume.

I'm very interested to see what you fellas think.
Cheers
marcos04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2004, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
RACE

Re: Territory: Is it increasing sales volume or, is it just eating Falcon sales?

I'd say it's doing alittle of both. There have been people trading in Mitsubishi Challengers/Pajeros, Commodore wagons etc as well as Futuras etc for Territorys. So overall it's a gain for Ford.
Old 09-24-2004, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Territory: Is it increasing sales volume or, is it just eating Falcon sales?

Look at the overall Ford market share and its pretty obvious that Territory is boosting sales. Sales of Falcon can't really be dropping if they sell everyone they build, which is apparently still happening. Sales of Territory should increase a bit with the release of the TS too, so we will have to wait until it has had a full month in the line up before we can see how the sales figures go.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 21:13   #4 (permalink)

commodore is only outselling Falcon because the Ford plant just can't produce as many Falcons as holden can produce commodores

"Falcon just can't make enough of them"

correct me if i'm wrong
Australia,s 1st V8 muscle car
BA PURSUIT Citric Acid ,leather,manual,premium,stripes
99 Harley Davidson Springer softail custom :badass
4 sale
Genuine 5 slots painted centers NEW chrome rims 14x6 &14x7 new potenza tyres & genuine caps
$3000.00
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 22:59   #5 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

No need for a ppoll.. the facts are out there.

THere was an article in drive or goauto a couple of weeks back, said falcon sales were down slightly, but not by as much as territory had sold. So overall ford were selling more aussie cars.. thats gotta be good!
(commodore sales are down too)

Also total falcon/territory sales were more then total commodore based sales!
SO ford are now selling more aussie built cars in australia then anyone else, it seems
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 00:22   #6 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Large cars such as the falcon/commodore have lost ground to these pretend offroader 4wd's for a while. Its a slowly dropping car segment.

Territory is a good thing coz its money back in ford's coffers. This would somehow have to flow onto other models as it means the company is in a better financial position to borrow/invest in expanding the other ranges/models of cars at this booming car's expense.

Overall its a good thing.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:59   #7 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Ford are so not selling every BA Falcon they build.

The amount of 03 stock that some dealers still have dating back to MAY 03 is amazing. I know one dealer which still has some 02 plate cars lieing around, so really they arent selling every Falcon they build!!
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:53   #8 (permalink)
BOSS 260

I dont think Ford care if the territory is taking the falcon sales, as long as people are buying Fords, be it Territory or Falcon.
BTW- a month or 2 ago, i was getting my 3000km service at a local dealer, and they had an Acid Rush GT May 03 build,Blueprint GT July 03 and late 03 Lightning strike GTP all in the showroom.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:18   #9 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

My XR8 was runout and had 18's and premium sound thrown in for nothing. If your selling every car you build you don't need to chuck on extras for nicks to shift 'em. BUT I'm real glad they did!!!

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:05   #10 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV TURBO
Ford are so not selling every BA Falcon they build.

The amount of 03 stock that some dealers still have dating back to MAY 03 is amazing. I know one dealer which still has some 02 plate cars lieing around, so really they arent selling every Falcon they build!!
Nearly every car Ford builds is for a customer order. This was mentioned by Tom Gorman in his newsletter that is emailed to all employees with internet access. Just because some dealers have cars that no one wants doesn't mean Ford aren't selling every car they make.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons