Ford Forums banner

Thanks Team GT.....and sad BA XR8

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Hello,
Today i was at Eastern Creek watching the PROCAR series. I was in the pits, having a look into some of the pit garages, as you do. I was walking past the Team GT garage and driver Trevor Haines was standing at the door and invited me into the garage to have a closer look at their car. Im thinking, how good is this!! So i took some photos and video footage. Had a chat to Trevor about the cars and he seems like a top bloke. :wnc:

Also in the paddock area was a smashed sad looking BA XR8. The drivers wife was telling me that he was under steering round corporate hill and ran wide, then lost it on the grass, and then hit the wall. :AAHHH:

Here are some photos i took today...

TEAM GT

BA XR8

ALSO in the V8BRute there was bit of a hit with an XR8 and the grill fell off, so i took it home :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

MORE PICS HERE http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/AeronXR6T/PROCAR/

See less See more
#3 ·
I think that looks like the motec dash/diplay thingy. Could be possible that this may have bigger cams or arnt they allowed to change them in this form of racing. Ouch that xr8 is ****ed.

#6 ·
If you want a motec setup like that - go talk to a bank manager! You'd be lucky to get change from 10 grand by the time you add all the sensors and dash to it - not to mention wiring the thing in. My guess would be more like $10plus. I know that same bit of track the XR8 hit - I nearly found it myself except for the grace of dunlop and hawk blues!!

#7 ·
ah shite, there goes all dreams of my xr8 plans. BA XR8 with hollinger 6speed seq box. With motec and huge lumpy cams, with a redline of 7750. Ha i wish $20,ooo for the box $10,ooo for the motec, another $10,ooo on forged internals and fr500 heads and intake. I really wouldnt think that it would be worth that much. It nust b able to fly a plan aswell for a price like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.