Are these prices reasonable? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2004, 09:53   #1 (permalink)
Yay no more L plates woot

Are these prices reasonable?

Hi pplz,

I'm looking at getting a c2r bodykit and ROH wheels for my Forte AU series 3.
So far the cheapest I've been able to find is $3300 for the full bodykit painted and fitted from Advanced Auto finesse in Gepps Cross (South aus) and wanted to know if anyone else knows if this price is fairly decent or can I get cheaper from somewhere?

I've also had a quote for a set of 4 ROH "RT" 16" wheels at around $1180 without tyres.. Is this price ok also?

If the prices are to high I would appreciate if you could let me know of the places that do cheaper and have a good reputation...

Thanks all ....
My1stEvaFord :)
My1stEvaFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2004, 10:02   #2 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Re: Are these prices reasonable?

Just a side note - the factory option for the Ford Racing Body Kit for the AUIII XR6's was $3k. One could get the same kit painted and fitted from C2R for much less than that.

As far as wheels, I wouldn't go any smaller than 17" and even then they are dwarfed by the 'kit.

You have a PM

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 18:42   #3 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

City Discount Tyres at Nailsworth had some specials out a while ago. One of them was a set of white 17x8's for $1000. There were others.
Old 08-23-2004, 22:25   #4 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Horse
As far as wheels, I wouldn't go any smaller than 17" and even then they are dwarfed by the 'kit.
Definately, you can't get a body kit then put 16's on it. That was the case with my car when I bought it and it looked silly. If the budget allows i'd be looking at 18's
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

There's no doubt about 18's looking the part if you can keep up the supply of rubber. One thing to watch though is the condition of some of our roads. Beware of potholes, they make round wheels square.
Old 08-23-2004, 23:50   #6 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Yeah, one thing I would strongly say is if you want a bodykit you want bigger rims. 16" would be ridiculous IMHO.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:32   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for ur opinions guys gals and everyone else

after reading ur comments and making a crap load of phone calls I'm not going with the body kit as I cannot crunch the numbers to make everything fit into my budget, So I'm thinking of Adding a rear wing (for the moment) the new tail lights that have come out (cant think of the name) 18" mags (thanks to ur imput :) ) lowering it slightly,my baby should come up a treat well I'm hoping anyways lol

My next question is.... out of these mags which do u rekon would suit a White AU Forte series 3 the best?

ROH "Fury"
ROH "RT"
ROH "Adrenalin"

I was thinking of going with shadow chrome, this should look nice on my baby with tinted windows :)

thanks again for ur opinions

Cheers
My1stEvaFord (and I love it)
Old 08-24-2004, 01:34   #8 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

A wing with no kit? I'd leave the wing off unless you are going to do everything. Do you have a pic of the wing in question?
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:49   #9 (permalink)

nope cant find the piccy.. I c ur point tho.. guess its back to my original plan of keeping the look standard apart from window tint and mags.. I'm like a lil kid in a lollie shop wen it comes to buying stuff like this.. I want everything even tho I cannot afford it.. if worse comes to worse I'll get the cardboard and sticky tape out and I'll make my own damn kit up lol

thanks for the imput so far

cheers
My1stEvaFord
Old 08-24-2004, 04:05   #10 (permalink)

even if u get a body kit i reckon no rear wing. im thinkin about takeing mine off
auv8fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons