Which tho get SS Inductions or Batten's Performance Tuning Induction for My BA ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 22:46   #1 (permalink)

Which to get SS Inductions or Batten's Performance Tuning Induction for My BA ?

Hi
Which does every one recommend ?
SS Inductions or Batten's Perfomance Tuning Cold air Induction?

I havent got my new car yet 3 weeks to go, It is a BA XR6 N/A.

I have been leaning towards the SS Inductions because of the larger Snorkel/Air Scoop and the fact it uses the Stock filter box "but requires cutting of the filter box"

But I also Like the BPT one because it doesnt require any cutting of parts,
But has a much smaller Snorkel/Air Scoop.

So what does everyone recommend, which will give the best performance ?
Any one got there OWN pics of it installed ?

thanks
Hellrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2004, 01:22   #2 (permalink)
Movin!

Re: Which tho get SS Inductions or Batten's Performance Tuning Induction for My BA ?

gday hellrazer

i have used both, i started with the BPT version, i found it to have a small gain, i also got it with a new airbox already modified so that i could keep my stock airbox in-tact.

I got the SS Inductions version about 6 months later, i wasnt expecting a huge gain but when finished i noticed an instant change. Not huge, but a definate more pull and more induction sound. On a cold night, it's awesome. I also changed from a K & N filter to a BMC which also may have made an increase, some have said that BMC are slightly the better between the 2 pod filters. I wouldnt go the open cut version, it will produce more noise but also more heat from the engine bay, SS have said this from testing it themselves.

Between the 2, for most power, i would pick the SS type, but it is also more expensive and has a few little tricky bits to the install than the battens 1, which takes about 15 mins to put in. Depends on how much you want to spend vs power increase
Old 06-17-2004, 02:09   #3 (permalink)

Re: Which tho get SS Inductions or Batten's Performance Tuning Induction for My BA ?

Thanks
Rodderz
I think I will go ss as well, I need all the power I can get, seeing I couldnt afford the turbo

Whats the open cut version ?" that I definately dont want"

thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 04:03   #4 (permalink)

Don't forget CAPA iether. They gave me way better price than SS (not sure about battens.

Also Green Filters make BA compatible filters (Std type and pods.). These are the filters Ford Europe use for their rally teams.

Cheers

Falcon XR8 - "A car powerful like a Gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a nerf ball"
BossyXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:57   #5 (permalink)
Movin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazer
Whats the open cut version ?" that I definately dont want"

thanks
the top of the intake is cut back about half the width of the intake, to allow more air in
Old 06-17-2004, 07:04   #6 (permalink)

hey rod, what have you done with your battens one?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:20   #7 (permalink)
Movin!

sold it to jeff!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:23   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

this question gets asked the most, i would say the SS one is better,
but for $400 complete with a BMC filter the BPT one is very good value...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 16:26   #9 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

I got the BPT one, with BMC filter, though Barry supplies them mostly with K&N, the BMC is recommended.

I got the BPT as it looks very standard and works very well as you still keep the under headlight intake and add the scoop from the six. That's still plenty of air, and with the BMC filter it's great. You may have got a better induction noice from the BMC you changed to Rodderz, they are the best filter atm.

If you go the BPT kit with your XR6 you'll need to get the whole kit, with modified airbox and the under headlight boot as you don't have this in the 6, but Barry will know that.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 18:39   #10 (permalink)

Ok Thanks Guys
I stopped off on the way home and got an SS one from Autopro $399,
and got home and had a power bill in the letterbox. OUCH!
I Will get the filter later.
Now all I need is a car to put it in Hurry up Ford :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons