thought I might buy a Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 16:11   #1 (permalink)

thought I might buy a Ford

Hi all. I've got about 13k saved up, and after a bit of research I'm looking at buying a Ford sedan, probably an AUII. I'd like an opinion on whether an AUII is the right model to go for for that money, and also I'm trying to find out the differences between the different AUII's (S, Forte, Classic, Futura, ...). I've read a bit about the differences between AU and AUII, but can't find much about differences between models.

You can probably tell I'm new to the Ford scene (current car is an 85 subaru wagon, lots of fun offroad but getting old :) so any advice for a newbie, or links to websites for reading material etc appreciated. :s4
ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 02:00   #2 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Re: thought I might buy a Ford

This site might help

http://www.geocities.com/falconfacts/falcon/index.html
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:11   #3 (permalink)

Au's are nice cars i coulda had one but the Ef Drew my attention more, power is pretty much the same just Au has some more features, serious if you have 13k and wanna buy a car outright Au is nice
you want something as just a cruiser or do you want a beast??

my personal opinion you want a best buy an Ef/El 8k tops and spend the rest beasting it up itll own over an Au
DraggX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 22:28   #4 (permalink)

with that money id be getting an EL xr6 manual for sure. Test drive the AU and an EL xr6 and watever else interests you and then see what you like.
Blocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 23:24   #5 (permalink)
XR8 AU2 REBEL

Go the AUII

ALSO FOCUS ST170
AUXR6VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:19   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i'd have an el over the au on looks alone. but the au is a beautiful car to drive and is excellent value for money. like blocko said drive a few different cars (fords of course) and see what you think.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons