Throttle Fault light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2004, 04:21   #1 (permalink)

confused Throttle Fault light

I was driving home tonight in the XR8 and my throttle fault light (looks like a small orange engine) was lighting up every time I put my foot down.

Stopped in at the servo and had a look at my Air filter & air box and it didn't look too bad.

I did notice that some of the foam tape joining the CIA kit components was a loose at one end in the Airbox, but I fixed that up.

Has anyone had any issues with this light coming on ?

I haven't noticed any power loss. The local ford dealer I contacted can't take a look at my car until 16 June, so If theres some components I can check now I'd like to give it a try.

Cheers

Falcon XR8 - "A car powerful like a Gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a nerf ball"
BossyXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2004, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Re: Throttle Fault light

The 16th.... mate it'd be too bad if you were overtaking a truck or something & the throttle just died on you....
2 weeks away really isnt acceptable at all....

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:26   #3 (permalink)

I think i might know what the problem could be,your TC button is on (Traction Control).If you turn it off you wont have the problem.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:07   #4 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossyXR8
I was driving home tonight in the XR8 and my throttle fault light (looks like a small orange engine) was lighting up every time I put my foot down.

Cheers
yes about 12 months back there were a couple of guy's asked the same question...check this thread..
My XR6T - She's broken already!

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:12   #5 (permalink)

do you notice the wheels slipping when you see this light come on?!
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 13:08   #6 (permalink)
Movin!

i'de get it checked pretty soon, it's a fault within the throttle module and the drive by wire

Mine did the same, the light was on but it wasnt affecting my driving, but over time it can affect a particular rev range and/or completely cut out. I got a new throttle module (the whole accelerator pedal assembly) put in before it got worse
Old 06-01-2004, 23:44   #7 (permalink)

Guys
This was definately not the traction control light (or system from what I could tell).

Thanks

Falcon XR8 - "A car powerful like a Gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a nerf ball"
BossyXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:02   #8 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

I've had this in my XR6T too. Its done it twice now. When i put my foot down, a light just flashes on for a split sec. Its not Traction Control, i know that. It too didnt effect the performance of the car at all. I was on a steep hill (Old Bathurst Road) and had to set off with 2 other people in the car so i booted it to get up the hill, and it just flashed on for a split sec. I didnt even see what it was a picture of.

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 15:22   #9 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

You're lucky, when I got that light for the first time it came with a complete loss of power until the car stopped dead. It then started again and was ok until two days later when it was losing power like a bastard as I was trying to get home. Part of the throttle assembly had to get replaced as while Ford had it it eventually wouldn't even idle. Get it looked at asap, it could affect you when you need it most.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:34   #10 (permalink)
BOSS 260

This happened to me in my xr8 ute 2 weeks ago,the first weekend i had it.
I was in a servo and started up the car and it idled up and down,very rough, and that light came on, so i turned the car off,turned it back on and it was all fine. The car only had 200km's on it at the time.
In the owners manual it says throttle fault, im gunna mention it to the dealer when i get the 3000km service done.
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons