Times for BA XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2005, 00:13   #1 (permalink)

Times for BA XR8

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me or let me know where I can get the times it takes a BA XR8 and BA XR6 to go from 0-50, 0-70, 50-60, 60-70, ... etc. ???

I am fighting a speeding fine and need this information to get a start on evidence.

If anyway can let me know how I can get this information in an official form that would be extra awesome.

Thanks.
sssjjjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2005, 01:09   #2 (permalink)
RACE

Re: Times for BA XR8

Check some past Wheels and Motor magazines but I don't know if they can be considered as official though.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Offically it will need to come from Ford. Ford have a policy however of not publishing performance times so it's going to be difficult. Even if they did have them they would be based under 'test' conditions which may differ from the conditions in which they claim you were speeding.

Regardless, closest thing as RATT mentioned is figures from the relevant MOTOR and WHEELS Magazines. If you contact the publishers they may provide you with the stats you're after without having to look for the correct magazines. They will not be considered offical however. Another suggustion is to time your actual car yourself down a dragstrip.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:21   #4 (permalink)

I'm actually trying to get figures for the cop car, I don't drive a BA myself. Thanks heaps for your help so far! I'll check out Wheels and try Ford.

Any other suggestions?
Old 07-27-2005, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

what happened mate? if you don't mind me asking?
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 23:43   #6 (permalink)

Caught speeding but with no gun reading presented to me. They said they followed me and that's how they can prove it (five second rule or something). But I think the stretch of road that they booked me on wasn't long enough to follow me for five seconds. If I can get the times I can prove it because they were stationary when they started chasing me along the road. That's it in a nutshell.
Old 07-28-2005, 00:15   #7 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

hmmm... similar thing happened to my dad about 25 years ago. he had the charge thrown out using the same evidence you are. he was speeding though, they just couldn't prove it.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47   #8 (permalink)

It could certainly help if they didnt have a gun or radar, it might also help if there was only one of them in the car, after all cops are only human and they can make mistakes. If there were 2, of course they will back up their buddy. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26   #9 (permalink)
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssjjjk
Caught speeding but with no gun reading presented to me. They said they followed me and that's how they can prove it (five second rule or something). But I think the stretch of road that they booked me on wasn't long enough to follow me for five seconds. If I can get the times I can prove it because they were stationary when they started chasing me along the road. That's it in a nutshell.

That happend to me took it court $3750 later 12months off the road lesson learnt dont bother fighting it you will never win against a F***ing COP.

Should of just paid the $450 fine.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons