Ford Forums banner

Timing is Everything

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rod 
#1 ·
You probably didn't know but BA Falcons produced from May onwards are fitted with anti intrusion pedals. This is basically a replacement pedal box and decoupler to minimise potential lower limb injury in severe impacts.

As an innovation it is to be applauded - but it is one that should have appeared with the first build BA rather than well into the production cycle.

Raises the question as to why it wasn't?

The official line has it that this is one of the benefits handed down from the LWB models. This sounds very reasonable until a quick look at the timing is taken. Funnily enough the introduction happened at the same time as the ANCAP test was due. This is either a very nice accidental piece of timing or a deliberate one. I wonder which?

Till next time.

#3 ·
Yeah i too also like these posts from Kno - ALL. Some very good information and it does sound pretty genuine. Ahh at least its not like the information from our old friend Mr Informer.

#4 ·
baxr6

Gees you think they would have been able to reduce the size of the brake pedal while they are at it. My first impression was what the hell does it need to be so big for, I have size 11 feet and quite frankly the footwell is a bit of a disaster, at least the bonnet doesn't get opened when I get out like on the AU's.

#6 ·
Kno-all said:
You probably didn't know but BA Falcons produced from May onwards are fitted with anti intrusion pedals. This is basically a replacement pedal box and decoupler to minimise potential lower limb injury in severe impacts.

As an innovation it is to be applauded - but it is one that should have appeared with the first build BA rather than well into the production cycle.

Raises the question as to why it wasn't?

The official line has it that this is one of the benefits handed down from the LWB models. This sounds very reasonable until a quick look at the timing is taken. Funnily enough the introduction happened at the same time as the ANCAP test was due. This is either a very nice accidental piece of timing or a deliberate one. I wonder which?

Till next time.
greetings all
isthis on the whole range & also what is the difference & the easyest way of identifing what is fitted were

regards
rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.