Tinting Xr Falcons - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36   #1 (permalink)

Tinting Xr Falcons

I own an 06 XR6 and I have been thinking about getting the windows tinted but I have heard that most tints interfere with the radio reception due to the aerials being built into the window?

Has anyone else heard about this?
cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Tinting Xr Falcons

well i'm no expert but i doubt it. my reasoning is that bmw have been doing it for years and there's plenty of them getting around with tint. in the 92 to 95 model they all had the areal in the rear screen.
silvaxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 00:47   #3 (permalink)

I have heard it from a couple of people now and apparently it is to do with a product certain tints are made out of. There is a tint out witch I am looking at getting and that is the 3m tint that dosent interfere with the radio reception.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:59   #4 (permalink)

it got nothing to do 3m tint i have a 05 xr6 the trick to it is ask the tinter to put you tints WITH no metal in the tint i have 5persent
qik40t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:17   #5 (permalink)

oh ok. I take it that done the trick and you havent had any problems with interference?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24   #6 (permalink)
fordmech

Hi guys
qik40t is correct. As long as you don't use a metal-based tint film you won't have any problems with radio interference. BTW said interference will occur mainly in AM and when driving away from city centres where the radio signal looses strenght.
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons