Ford Forums banner

Today's DRIVE - low-fat ford & 6spd auto confirmed

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  sandmanls1 
#1 ·
Dont expect an all aluminium body for BA2, but we are getting a slimmer falcon. While Richard Parry Jones was here for the AUS GP, he basically confirmed that new materials, stronger yet lighter major body structures will be used to shed weight. No mention of how much but a few quotes from the man himself...

"With the BA, we knew what we had to do to get the job done."

"The initial reaction is the thing seems to have gone very well, and with it, the reputation of Ford Australia is on the up-swing."

"The straight six engine has a lot of character with it's new twin-cam cylinder head, but the car still has some performance and economy issues."

The last paragraph says...

While in Australia, Parry-Jones will test some of Ford's new performance Falcon's. He notes the "performance car culture" here, and says that although the core model of the range must be right to ensure successfull sales, "you have to have the hero car right, too".

#29 ·
WBT56 said:
The T5 has been built by Tremec since AU. The box is assembled locally using a locally made input shaft and extension housing.
I know that the BTR plant is at Albury somewhere, but I'd just continued to think that both the T5 and the 4auto where theirs.

Now I'm confused. I thought the T5 was the Borg Warner manual box. I had just always assumed that BTR was Borg Warner just having a few name changes as they went through different owners.

Since when did Tremec become the owner of the T5?

And who is the local manufacturer, as Tremec makes its' boxes for OZ in Mexico?????

Cheers

#30 ·
JR said:
Now I'm confused. I thought the T5 was the Borg Warner manual box.Since when did Tremec become the owner of the T5?
And who is the local manufacturer, as Tremec makes its' boxes for OZ in Mexico?????
Cheers
T5 was built by Borg Warner Automotive. Tremec bought the rights to the T5 in about 98? T5 boxes are now built as componants in Mexico. BTR produce some locally specific parts, mainly input shafts and extension housings. The boxes are assembled here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.