Trade in prices - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 06:00   #1 (permalink)

Trade in prices

What sort of tradein prices are you guys being offered. I was offered $24000 for my 12/99 au xr8,full body kit 70000k.
Do you guys think this is a good trade in price.
stevenrad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 13:48   #2 (permalink)

Personally I don't really know but I do know that for a 2001 AUII xr6, with low km's, you get anywhere between 27000-29000 according to my mate at ford...Maybe you should see if you could get maybe 1 or 2 more grand?
Old 03-09-2003, 14:27   #3 (permalink)
SM

same car, 18" wheels, series 2 body kit, 3" exhaust, 90,00km, dealer offered me $18000ona new xr6 turbo, its up for sale for $24,000
Old 03-09-2003, 14:40   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

The success of the BA has pushed demand for them right up, and consequently most dealers are being flooded with trade-ins. If you reckon trade-in values were bad before, then prepare yourself to be downright insulted by the current values.

Finding a good trade-in (especially in the Newcastle area), is like looking for supermodels at a hippy protest (unless your name is XLR8).

As far as I'm concerned, dealers can go and "have sexual relations" with themselves, when it comes to trading in.
Old 03-09-2003, 15:28   #5 (permalink)

I got offered 18k for mine...can you believe it? 99 AU XR8 with 200kw. See this link www4.tpg.com.au/users/weare for pics and you realise my dissapointment.

Anyway if you can get 24k take it!
Mals BA XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 15:34   #6 (permalink)

that's such a shame that car looks awesome.. you don't know what price they put on it after trade?
Old 03-09-2003, 16:36   #7 (permalink)

I didn't take the offer. I sold it private for 25k, and the guy resold it for 27k 3 weeks later (and didn't have to pay change over)

Just goes to show how greedy the dealers are. When you pay close to 50k for a car from a company, and then 3 years later they only offer you 18k, it really makes you think twice about buying their product again.

Anyway, at saying that, I own an XR6T now, and plan to keep it for quite a few years.. hopefully the resale value will be better this time
Mals BA XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 20:08   #8 (permalink)

i went to finialise my finance for my new turbo the other day and the guy who was there b4 me traded in his xr6 ute for an xr8 ute... they gave him the same price he payed for his xr6 when he bought it new and he only paid the difference between the xr6 and xr8, so basically a free trade in, which is very nice!

so anyone out there with a ba that they've had for a little bit, try and trade in and get a price and keep updating!
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 21:23   #9 (permalink)

pity that couldn't happen to me! I am trying to get at least what i owe on my loan but i think that's going to prove useless. I will put an add in the trading post and see how i go. trade in's in Brisbane and just hopeless
Old 03-11-2003, 20:48   #10 (permalink)

was in talking to the local dealer on the weekend tyre kicking around the 2nd hand yard, while talking to the sales person he said that the wholesale price of au2 & 3 has started to move up recently. He thinks that the good publicity from the BA is helping.
SRV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons