Turbo engine into BA Na.. can it be done? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39   #1 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Turbo engine into BA Na.. can it be done?

has anyone with a na 6 ba fitted an engine out of a xr6T? is it possible? if so what's involved and how much would it cost? as i understand it the driveline is the same.... is this also true?
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 12:41   #2 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Re: Turbo engine into BA Na.. can it be done?

The drivelines are the same.
I talked to my local turbo fitter recently about turbo charging my NA XR6. He said he could put it together with 'hardly' used turbo parts he had taken off other falcons. he also said that he would charge $8K for the work and would also include the unichip. He would make it better than the standard BA turbo.

In the end i decided to not go ahead with the work. The reason? I would much rather buy a standard turbo and have the proper factory waranty, than get have one 'chucked' together. (I do imagine the turbo fitter knows what he is doing, just have a bad feeling about it all.)

I may do some hot up tips to my XR so it is better than all the other NA XR falcons getting around, but if i wanted a big horsepower gain i would of just bought a turbo.

If u are to go ahead with 'the job', send us a post telling us your story. Would love to here it.
Old 01-09-2005, 15:36   #3 (permalink)

What he said ^^^

For less $$ you can have a proper XR6T with all the correct factory gear, plus the full warranty that comes with it.
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 15:46   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heef101
The drivelines are the same.
I talked to my local turbo fitter recently about turbo charging my NA XR6. He said he could put it together with 'hardly' used turbo parts he had taken off other falcons. he also said that he would charge $8K for the work and would also include the unichip. He would make it better than the standard BA turbo.

In the end i decided to not go ahead with the work. The reason? I would much rather buy a standard turbo and have the proper factory waranty, than get have one 'chucked' together. (I do imagine the turbo fitter knows what he is doing, just have a bad feeling about it all.)

I may do some hot up tips to my XR so it is better than all the other NA XR falcons getting around, but if i wanted a big horsepower gain i would of just bought a turbo.

If u are to go ahead with 'the job', send us a post telling us your story. Would love to here it.
Were the "hardly used" bits taken off cars due to people upgrading to BIGGER turbos and stuff? Or had they just been used "hardly", lol
Old 01-09-2005, 22:50   #5 (permalink)

I would love a Ghia Turbo, the better chassis balance of the six over a V8 and a real wolf in sheeps clothing.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 23:02   #6 (permalink)
XR Madness!

cool Re: Turbo engine into BA Na.. can it be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Were the "hardly used" bits taken off cars due to people upgrading to BIGGER turbos and stuff? Or had they just been used "hardly", lol
Yeah not sure. Wouldn't be putting used stuff on my car anyway. (i suppose nothing would be wrong with them 'cause they would still be under warranty)

Go the extra for a turbo!
Old 01-10-2005, 03:02   #7 (permalink)

Nizpro a couple of months ago shoved an XR6T engine with their stage 3 kit into some chicks BA Fairmont Ghia so it can be done. She actually asked them to do a simple turbo conversion but their opinion was Ford done a better job in the XR6T than they could ever do on the stock engine etc
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:16   #8 (permalink)

For 7 grand you can buy a complete xr6t engine with everything. Worth the money when compared to a throw together kit. This thing even comes with the box.

"IT COMES WITH THE COMPLETE MOTOR WITH ALL ACCESORIES AUTO TRANS AND TIPTRONIC SHIFTER , COMPUTER AND WIRING ECT. IT IS FROM A 2004 BA XR6 THAT WAS SIDE DAMAGED AND ONLY TRAVELLED 12,000 KMS.
I WILL SHIP THIS ITEM FREE OF CHARGE TO ALL MAJOR CAPITALS".

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....516925938&rd=1

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13   #9 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i've actually seen that car... a phantom one btw... its at ferntree gully auto salvage. i got the xr front from them and he said "you wouldn't be interested in an xr6T engine to change yours over?" and hense i am now asking the question. I definately think that the std ford turbo engine is the way to go... just wanted to know how hard it was. whether it is worth while.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons