TV on BA ICC - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2005, 01:24   #1 (permalink)

TV on BA ICC

Hi Guys,
Brand new to this and was just wondering if it is at all possible to watch TV or DVD on the Premium Sound ICC?
Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kano
Blueprint Kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2005, 05:50   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: TV on BA ICC

it is mate, using a blahpunkt (or however you spell it) setup. about $1500 all told. pretty nifty idea in my opinion.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-BLAUP...QQcmdZViewItem

this one is for sale... it'll be up for another couple of hours.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 10-03-2005, 21:47   #4 (permalink)

http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/ca...php?cat_id=393
watever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 13:36   #5 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

It's possible to do a D.I.Y. install with a Teac DVB-400 STB ( they are 12 volt ) download and install the special BA Falcon NTSC version software from Teac, make a cable or buy the Blaupunkt interface cable that plugs up to the ICC and you will have digital TV on your ICC.

It does'nt have to be the Teac but whatever it is it helps if it is 12 volt and outputs NTSC or the ICC screen won't work.

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:27   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcelR8
It's possible to do a D.I.Y. install with a Teac DVB-400 STB ( they are 12 volt ) download and install the special BA Falcon NTSC version software from Teac, make a cable or buy the Blaupunkt interface cable that plugs up to the ICC and you will have digital TV on your ICC.

It does'nt have to be the Teac but whatever it is it helps if it is 12 volt and outputs NTSC or the ICC screen won't work.
how much would that set you back?
Old 10-10-2005, 13:51   #7 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
how much would that set you back?
I got the Teac for a 100 bucks on eBay, a diversity antenna from a guy called mobileseller8 ( I think he owes me some commission by now too!) for 30 bucks posted and I went the Blaupunkt cable which was 120 bucks but this was a favour that can't be repeated. You can make the cable quite easily for probably 20 bucks or so ( I'm lousy at soldering!)

I think someone posted a link about all this in the Territory section, well worth the read. You should find links to the info for making the cable ( you can buy them from Ford but I'd hate to guees what the price would be).

When I get stuck at the level crossing up here I just watch some tele! Keeps my temper under control!

I hope I'm allowed to post this link?

http://www.************.com/forum/in...howtopic=10310

It's a good read but a long one!

O.K. I'm obviously not allowed to post that link, it won't work.

Well there's xr8's websites and Ford XR6 Turbo dot COM s and BA's and all sorts but some are more helpful than others if you want TV on your ICC. I hope I don't get in trouble for that.

Damn that computers good! Sorry guys you'll have to work it out for yourselves! (I tried again)

Old 10-12-2005, 20:55   #8 (permalink)

I saw this product the other day. Think it is being shown @ the Sydney Motor Show

http://www.hitv.com.au/
gjrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:59   #9 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrobertson
I saw this product the other day. Think it is being shown @ the Sydney Motor Show

http://www.hitv.com.au/
Good research, sounds very interesting, wonder what the price is like.

The TV does'nt want to work to well while driving, the unit you found reckons it cures it with a duplex arrangement? Maybe....maybe not.

I might pop into Wow and see if I can get a look at one and find out a price.

I'd hate to invest in one to find out it does nothing better than my little Teac.Wonder if they'd let me test it for a while?

Old 10-14-2005, 02:04   #10 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

how much is a premium icc worth? i don't care about 1 cd or 6 stack and all i need is a normal ac one.

the only one i found at a wrecker he wanted $1200.

other wreckers i asked what they were worth said about $400. but they didn't have any.

well, i'd be happy to part with anything up to about $600 so what are they worth? cos another $400 or there abouts and i can have dvd....

also, would it be possible to buy one a dvd player and run it through the existing icc, or does a standard one not have the aux input? this would obvioulsy only be for sound as the standard icc isn't colour.

thanks,
des.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons