Underdrive Pullies & Clutch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 21:14   #1 (permalink)
6 Speed Cruiser
 
XR8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Off Looking For More RWKW
Posts: 176
Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Hi guys

Made an enquiry to local ford dealer re underdrive pullies and spacer.

This was the reply:

Hi Brad,

I recieved an email from ######## asking me to provide you with some info
on some bolt on mods
We have Batterns underdrive pullies available for $600 fitted. You would
see between 9 to 11 rwkw increase. But please be aware if you have a late
manual vehicle the clutch may need to be upgraded.
We also have Herrod spacers for $325 fitted. They should give you around 5
to 7 rwkw
Any questions please dont hesitate to contact me

Kind Regards


Does this seem right....does the clutch need to be upgraded. Bearing in mind this is for the new 6 speed?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brad
__________________
BA MKII XR8 6 Speed Manual

Morpowa Custom Cold Air / Mal Wood Clutch / Underdrives / Dual 3" DiFillipo Exhaust / Xtreme/Bluepower Custom Tune
XR8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2004, 00:37   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 234
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8888
Hi guys

Made an enquiry to local ford dealer re underdrive pullies and spacer.

This was the reply:

Hi Brad,

I recieved an email from ######## asking me to provide you with some info
on some bolt on mods
We have Batterns underdrive pullies available for $600 fitted. You would
see between 9 to 11 rwkw increase. But please be aware if you have a late
manual vehicle the clutch may need to be upgraded.
We also have Herrod spacers for $325 fitted. They should give you around 5
to 7 rwkw
Any questions please dont hesitate to contact me

Kind Regards


Does this seem right....does the clutch need to be upgraded. Bearing in mind this is for the new 6 speed?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brad
Hi Brad,
I spoke to omega automotive(sydney BPT distributor re.BOSSGT) a couple
of weeks ago about the same topic and said the oe cluctes can only handle
up to about 320kw at flywheel after that by by clutch. the answer to that
was drop in a Mal Wood clutch and lighten flywheel, cost $1200 fitted.
No more clutch problem and a bonus 10rwk and combined with the under drive pullies a very free revving motor. XR8,s would have to have most mods (eg. cai,spacer,full exaust,underdrive and say edit or uni chip) to get
close to 320kw so they should last a little while. The Boss 290 motor is a different story, the is where the problems start because they can reach the 320 mark quiet easy with a few mods, put on underdrives by by clutch.
If you dont already know BOSSGT used Mal Wood clutch in Targa Tassy
and did not miss a beat. I think i will be getting new clutch and lighten
flywheel with in the the next 12 months regardless if the original clutch has claped out or not. Have put lighten flywheels in previous cars and had great
results totaly transformed the motor. As well will be getting underdrives with
in the next 3 weeks.
hope that information is helpfull

Wade
__________________
Mercury silver BA XR8 MKII ute
Manual (unopened)
12.856@106.60
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
6 Speed Cruiser
 
XR8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Off Looking For More RWKW
Posts: 176
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade rocks
Hi Brad,
I spoke to omega automotive(sydney BPT distributor re.BOSSGT) a couple
of weeks ago about the same topic and said the oe cluctes can only handle
up to about 320kw at flywheel after that by by clutch. the answer to that
was drop in a Mal Wood clutch and lighten flywheel, cost $1200 fitted.
No more clutch problem and a bonus 10rwk and combined with the under drive pullies a very free revving motor. XR8,s would have to have most mods (eg. cai,spacer,full exaust,underdrive and say edit or uni chip) to get
close to 320kw so they should last a little while. The Boss 290 motor is a different story, the is where the problems start because they can reach the 320 mark quiet easy with a few mods, put on underdrives by by clutch.
If you dont already know BOSSGT used Mal Wood clutch in Targa Tassy
and did not miss a beat. I think i will be getting new clutch and lighten
flywheel with in the the next 12 months regardless if the original clutch has claped out or not. Have put lighten flywheels in previous cars and had great
results totaly transformed the motor. As well will be getting underdrives with
in the next 3 weeks.
hope that information is helpfull

Wade

Wade

Thanks for that...I would hope that I'll be getting up to that figure as the car gets a few more K's on it so it may pay to get the clutch done anyway....more $$$$ .

Have you got your car yet ??

Brad
__________________
BA MKII XR8 6 Speed Manual

Morpowa Custom Cold Air / Mal Wood Clutch / Underdrives / Dual 3" DiFillipo Exhaust / Xtreme/Bluepower Custom Tune
XR8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:53   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Speak with Barry, he told me the new clutch for the 6 stick would handle it no probs.
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:25   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 234
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Getting car friday Brad, must be the longest wait ever.
__________________
Mercury silver BA XR8 MKII ute
Manual (unopened)
12.856@106.60
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:28   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade rocks
Getting car friday, must be the longest wait ever.
HAhaahaha feels like it ay, it'll be worth the wait trust me (unless it an auto). Just think to got the whole weekend to get to drive it, how painfull it was looking at it sitting in the carpark whi;e i was at work when i got mine.
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 234
Re: Underdrive Pullies & Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
HAhaahaha feels like it ay, it'll be worth the wait trust me (unless it an auto). Just think to got the whole weekend to get to drive it, how painfull it was looking at it sitting in the carpark whi;e i was at work when i got mine.
XRQTOR have gotten over the waiting thing, not getting excited untill
I engage it in first gear then I will be just like you! A BOSS ADDICT.
__________________
Mercury silver BA XR8 MKII ute
Manual (unopened)
12.856@106.60
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battern Underdrive pullies xr8ted Windsor Tech 9 11-11-2004 16:15
New Underdrive pullies Lowride260 FPV & Tickford Forum 50 11-07-2004 00:39
Underdrive Pullies Solution *i2ayman* Windsor Tech 8 09-24-2004 16:25
Underdrive Pullies BB-GT FPV & Tickford Forum 12 07-23-2004 11:21

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.