Ford Forums banner

Unichip dyno results!

4K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  XTREME 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, just got a Unichip installed today to fix my car's fuel consumption and idling problems. When I picked it up I was quite suprised to find that it had pulled 143.4kW on the dyno! I'm wrapped. The Unichip added about 10kW. And so it should for the price! Not to mention the car idles fine and will not run rich anymore. Here's the dyno printout.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~adams08/dyno2.JPG

It's a big difference over this dyno printout from 2yrs ago when all the car had was a CFI engine with 3 speed auto and 2.5" exhaust.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~adams08/dyno1.JPG

Since then I've added MPI, 5 speed, Wade cam, SVO head, extractors and a pod filter. I'm yet to test out whether I can actually feel a difference yet cause I've only driven the car home in peak hour. Gonna take it for a run later :) All I want to do now is change the bloody 2.77 diff! The mechanics even wrote in the vehicle report - "PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle requires a diff ratio change"...

image tags edited out by Jack_Travis

See less See more
#3 ·
I edited out those image tags because they were up to 2772 x 2083. :eek:

But I have to say that is an incredible result! Well done Doug, I can't wait to see the quarter mile result.

About the diff, I paid $70 for a 28 spline 3.08 so it need not be expensive at all.

Keep us posted! :D

#5 ·
thats awesome! :D
someone to give corty a decent run!

#16 ·
yes, I was quoted the same for my car too Quasi.

A minimum of 10kw is what I would hope to be expecting for that ammount of cash!

I reckon we should look into Tweecer RT instead for our cars Quasi!

#20 ·
thanks for all the comments guys. Well I've decided to max out the credit card. I did some ringing around yesterday for diffs and I've got the car booked in on Saturday morning to get a 3.23 LSD put in. $250 for the diff, $150 for labour. Bit pricy for labour considering a few people have offered to help fit it but oh well...

Should be a good 'in the mean time' diff cause I really wanted 3.9's or even 4.11's but to get a LSD diff supplied and built up to that spec would have cost about $1300. I'll see how it goes with the 3.23 first.

#21 ·
I got me a chip tourque chip with me cam. I ran the cam without the chip for a few days then i put the chip in.Whoooa, made a hell difference! But you will find it gets better the more k's you put on it. It will take a good 2000-3000k's for the com to full learn the chip.

#23 ·
SVO XR6 - How have you found the chiptorque chips? Are they a gimmick off the shelf thing that aint worth getting or is it as good as you think?

Considering my current setup (refer to sig below) I'd be interested in a off the shelf item if they work and have noticable improvements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.