Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2004, 08:12   #1 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

This is my Personal Review on 2 different types of chips i have had on my ute..
.
Guy’s as you know last week I was talking to Peter from APS about organizing the Tuning day for the 31st of July.. We got talking about Chips, I was saying how happy I was with my Xede and that chip took me into the 13’s consistently..
Peter went on to say that A Unichip with its live tuning is much better than the Xede, no point in discussing this any further because I had already made my investment, I wasn’t about to lay out another lot of cash to find out..

So Peter invited me back to APS to put on a Unichip at no cost, he wanted to prove to me 1st hand that his product is better than Xede..

I had nothing to lose he said if I don’t like the Unichip bring the Ute back and the team at APS will put my Xede back on and off I go nothing more said…

But Peter said I wont be back he had the confidence in his Team to put up a Unichip at a Technicians time to re-wire the mess under the dash….and he was right after leaving Calder with my 3 best times ever ET:13.70 with my best MPH ever also…the ute pulls much better down low not just up top like before, thats due to be able to tune an Auto in 3rd gear in low revs..

Takes a bit to understand how this all works he can spend hours and hours chatting learning theres a lot to take in, hopefully everyone coming on the APS tuning day can learn what I have so far..

Now some of you might say that maybe my Xede wasn’t tuned right I had 3 tunes on this chip with 2 different tuners….

So now with the Unichip I dropped .100 of my best time increased my MPH and remember my ute was already chipped, so I am rapped next week I look Forward to a 13.6…

This would be the 1st vechicle that I know off that got to test 2 different types of chips..

Thanks to Peter, APS and there Technicians for a great tune…the ute drives perfectly in the traffic and better on the strip….

Dyno Graph attached bellow…

PS: if anyone wants a Cheap Xede ring APS Monday morning..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UnichipVXede.jpg (47.1 KB, 140 views)
__________________





PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.


XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2004, 08:21   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
philstoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 42
Posts: 1,350
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

congrats mark on your great time!
on the dyno sheet it looks like power drops off at over 6000 rpm, wasnt the ford revlimiter at under 6000 rpm? in shootout mode, do you have to run a higher tyre pressure? i noticed it was at 45 down the bottom of the dyno sheet....

cheers, phil.
__________________
Terrorising a crap driver near you!
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:55   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
congrats mark on your great time!
on the dyno sheet it looks like power drops off at over 6000 rpm, wasnt the ford revlimiter at under 6000 rpm? in shootout mode, do you have to run a higher tyre pressure? i noticed it was at 45 down the bottom of the dyno sheet....

cheers, phil.
Hi Phil the PM's are not working tonight, so we will have to wait maybe Peter can comment on that...
__________________





PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.


XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:08   #4 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop
 
CSV_LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Here, There and Everywhere
Age: 30
Posts: 1,155
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

APS,
Would you be willing to tune the Xede since any tuner would know how to use it by it's setup and show what difference there is between the two? You could also show the AFR on both dyno runs.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:45   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
APS,
Would you be willing to tune the Xede since any tuner would know how to use it by it's setup and show what difference there is between the two? You could also show the AFR on both dyno runs.
I don’t understand what you are saying, my Xede was tuned by 2 accredited Xede dealers. I wouldn't take my wife’s Hyundai to a Holden dealer for a tune...if your saying Xede tuners cant tune there chips properly that’s chip torque's problem, or maybe there product isn’t as good I can tell you my cars tuning was maxed out at the top end.. its what APS tuners managed to do in the middle and down low where the gain has come...the other thing is you will have to do it on your car because i have had both now the Xede i had for about 4 months it not going back on my car..

The Score is on the board I was there, I have never seen my Xede being live tuned like the Unichip..
__________________





PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.


XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:54   #6 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop
 
CSV_LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Here, There and Everywhere
Age: 30
Posts: 1,155
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

The reason i asked is that you mention APS said that the Unichip is much better the Xede. So taking the Tuner variance out of it you could see closely what the difference between software is.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:57   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
philstoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 42
Posts: 1,350
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
I don’t understand what you are saying, my Xede was tuned by 2 accredited Xede dealers. I wouldn't take my wife’s Hyundai to a Holden dealer for a tune...if your saying Xede tuners cant tune there chips properly that’s chip torque's problem, or maybe there product isn’t as good I can tell you my cars tuning was maxed out at the top end.. its what APS tuners managed to do in the middle and down low where the gain has come...the other thing is you will have to do it on your car because i have had both now the Xede i had for about 4 months it not going back on my car..

The Score is on the board I was there, I have never seen my Xede being live tuned like the Unichip..
didnt it get tuned by one of these accredited tuners while you were driving your car?
ive seen one live tuned, and it all boils down the the tuner's knowledge of engines and how they work...
in regards to the 2 chips, ireally think that there functions are no different, they both do the same things, and the same functions can be tuned by either of the chips..so it all boils down to the tuner of the chip, regardless of which one it is..
__________________
Terrorising a crap driver near you!
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:11   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
The reason i asked is that you mention APS said that the Unichip is much better the Xede. So taking the Tuner variance out of it you could see closely what the difference between software is.
Fair point but couldn't see the logic in a Unichip distributor trying to find out why the Xede isn't going to perform in software, tuning etc: like a Unichip does ..
i would be asking Chip Torque that they need to find out why there product doesn't cut it with the others. maybe they need to train tuners, get new software..might be none of them maybe its just the abilty to live tune. All we want is the best power for money that we can afford, and for me personally the Xede didn't perform like the Unichip and depends where you go the Xede can be $50 to $250 more with a Dyno tune..
__________________





PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.


XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:26   #9 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
 
XRFPV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,021
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
didnt it get tuned by one of these accredited tuners while you were driving your car?
ive seen one live tuned, and it all boils down the the tuner's knowledge of engines and how they work...
in regards to the 2 chips, ireally think that there functions are no different, they both do the same things, and the same functions can be tuned by either of the chips..so it all boils down to the tuner of the chip, regardless of which one it is..
Driving at tuning is a joke its luck and Herrod proved that to me when he dyno tuned the XEDE and made my car .200 quicker compared against that street tune, people that know how to tune laugh at us when we say that street tune, anyway why bother with a slow street tune when my best time was 13.99 a once off with that street tune and now i have 13.70...you cant live tune a Xede Phil when you come to the APS day you will learn what it is about hope there is enough time on the day for everyone to take every thing in....with the auto Xede cant map down low under a certain revs in 3rd gear ...

Regardless of which chip that’s crap Phil if you paying good money for a chip its no good buying one that there chip torque's accredited dealers cant tune..

Anyway if you want to prove my experience wrong go ahead…
__________________





PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.


XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:38   #10 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop
 
CSV_LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Here, There and Everywhere
Age: 30
Posts: 1,155
Re: Unichip Is Hot Xede Is Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Fair point but couldn't see the logic in a Unichip distributor trying to find out why the Xede isn't going to perform in software, tuning etc: like a Unichip does ..
As you said APS made the comment that Unichip is much better so i am asssuming he has tried to tune a car with the Xede chip? So it shouldn't be a problem to do a tune on the Xede by the same tuner and see the difference.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unichip or Xede for N/A BA I6 Blood_Orange Australian Falcons 21 07-12-2004 00:54
*** Unichip Challenge*** rod Ford Escort | Ford Laser | Ford TX3 | Ford Sierra | Mercury Capri 102 05-08-2004 05:15
XEDE Chip & Dyno Sheets XRFPV8 Australian Falcons 36 03-31-2004 15:19
unichip for ba xr8 6speedxr8 Australian Falcons 18 07-23-2003 01:27
UNICHIP ON 6 TIKFD6 General Tech 1 01-17-2002 23:42

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.