UNR8D getting HP upgrade - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2004, 03:51   #1 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

Thumbs up UNR8D getting HP upgrade

head gasket on the NL decided after 130k to call it quits which opened up some doors of modding for me:) while the head goes in for a full rebuild, acid bath, and to be shaved, it will also cop a rather large port and polish and a cam package with vernier cam gear to suit:) im still deciding to get the computer remaped?? or a computer chip to suit but either way im looking at a few more RWHP and for that im happy, im aiming for the 14's, running 15.572 atm with just CAI and full exhasut it seems acheaveable but wheather 3.23 diff gears will allow a time slip in the 14's is the question:) hmm the possibilities:)

ill post pics if possible of the process and let you know info for dyno runs/qtr times once im finished.

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 04:04   #2 (permalink)
White Lightning

Re: UNR8D getting HP upgrade

damn. i thought id have a shot at you soon, but it seems ill be blown away byt yet another phat falcon. cam and lowering coming soon though.

try and get some 3.45 gears too. thatll unleash your beast a little more i reckon. how much are you getting shaved as well?
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:06   #3 (permalink)
XR82GO

Good stuff mate.

It was seeming like quite a few of us Windsor owners are doing the mods at the moment. But your TQE guys were sleeping

. I'm going completely aftermarket for the top end of mine. With some other little bits like shift kit & diff gears.

Grunter supercharged beast is also up to some thing But you'll have to speak to him about that that if you can stop him looking like --->

Twinpistion Was talking about doing some bits here and there at the last XRclub meet.

Going to make for an interesting cruise around Christmas time with all the re-powered 6's and 8's

So are you booking the Optimax tanker or am I

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:18   #4 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

i need to take out shares at SHELL i think LOL good to hear though, maybe you and i are up for a willowbank cruze hey hey hows about it:)

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:20   #5 (permalink)
White Lightning

well ill be at willowbank on the 28th with some mates probably. its enough of a cruise for me just to get there .
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
Old 08-09-2004, 04:25   #6 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

LOL 28th might be a good run for me, i dont know as yet see how things pan out and if it all goes smoothily:) 'touchwood'

either way its time for some good old HSV (pre LS1) slautering:) hehe

Old 08-09-2004, 04:58   #7 (permalink)
XR82GO

I'm sure we can sort some thing out for a willowbank day mate. I know I'm just itching to get back out there even more so in a couple of weeks when all the works been done. Grunter and I were talking about heading out after mine is finished (his should be finished now) to have a run and i am sure a few of the other will come out also.

PM me when your work is all done and i'll get some of the other guys together for a drag day.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:47   #8 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

ok the package i will be picking up on friday is as follows:)

Gilberts head works on the gold coast have the job of a 3 day flow/port and polish job to suit the pacemaker tuned length extractors:), this is being done on an (AU) head with new heavy duty valve springs/retainers will be going it, new tappets the head has been shaved 30tho.

Surecam in brisbane have done a cam package to suit the head flow specs consisting of a Billet hollow cam and reground to suit, vernier cam gear and supply of the Heavy duty valve springs.

ChipTorque in brisbane are supplying and fitting tommow a HP4 reprogramable chip to suit the package:)

dyno run date to be set:)

Old 08-18-2004, 03:27   #9 (permalink)
White Lightning

damn, your gonna be one quick barge after all that. damn all you people and your 'money' .
Old 08-18-2004, 05:33   #10 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

How do you think I feel, my montly mods budget is 50 bucks if I'm lucky! Just 300 more till pacey tuned length and hsv cat

Oh and derb, happy b'day mate, last time i saw you post you were 18.

Donno

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Dull Alloy factory mags, ooo yeah.

Proud TQE Operator
donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons