update on delivery - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 15:20   #1 (permalink)
the big fella

update on delivery

sorry to nag,but can i have some info on my car. The sido is 404295- What does sido stand for anyway? thanks to whoever can help me.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2003, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Single Item Dealer Order

Your dealer can't easily get the info thru the computer if you don't get any joy here.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 03:42   #3 (permalink)

try http://203.89.210.4/
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:57   #4 (permalink)
empire rubber

hello,i have a friend at work who is keeping me upto date on my xr6 and he says they are currently making 402 sido cars so he reckons mine which is 406 will be 2 weeks away so i reckon your wait is nearly over,ring your dealer and ask them too check the ford computer,they should be able too tell you and if not ring ford customer care on 13ford (133673)
kindest regards
nkxr6
nigel
nkxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:16   #5 (permalink)
the big fella

thanks

thanks for the input guys-fingers crossed
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 21:51   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

The SIDO isn't a productin line build number though nkxr6, is just a dealer order number that can be used to trace that cars whereabouts.
If you order an XR6 with premium sound, sun roof etc and one or both are in short supply your car will be put back, mine for instance was put back by about 405 cars from its original assembley line build number.

Once mine got onto the assy line, it took about 2 weeks before it arrived at the dealer here in Perth.

The dealer can tel lyou exactly what stage the car is at, metal, trim, holding yard @ Ford, holding yard @ Tickford (still called Tickford on the system!!) etc

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:41   #7 (permalink)
IDAREU - Back on the Road

nkxr6

Geez, I hope your not right on the numbering order in which these things get onto the production line!!

I ordered by XR6T way back in February (ohhhh it is soooo long ago!) and have only just been given a SIDO number which is 415708 and have been told its to be a July build and delivered car!! Unless of course I have been led up that perverbial garden path again by my dealer who when I orded the car told me it was an April production and delivery!!!!!

Geez I hope its not right but I am pretty sue your going to be!!!

Why won't they just build my car!!!!!! :-(
sdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:02   #8 (permalink)
empire rubber

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kieron
[B]The SIDO isn't a productin line build number though nkxr6, is just a dealer order number that can be used to trace that cars whereabouts.

i have a friend who i have been bugging too find out where in the line my barra is and he has told me that they are making 402 too 404 sido numbered cars right now (05/06/03) and hopefully my car isnt far away which is sido number 406236 which my dealer says is online but my friend at works cotact says is still too be started on,fingers crossed.
nkxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons