Used BA XR's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2003, 18:10   #1 (permalink)

Used BA XR's

Has anyone noticed many BA XR's appearing in the used car lots yet? I thought it'd be a bit soon but I did see one in country Vic last weekend

XR6T, Black, 18" alloys, leather, sunroof. Around 7,000k's on the clock. Car yard was closed so couldn't look further. Label price a tad over $50K. Stamp duty and transfers about $2K. Seemed like an OK deal considering it's got some big ticket options.

Checked out the price and configure section of Ford's website, added the options (assuming $1200 for the 18") and it comes to just under $52K + ORC so what do you save with the second hand jobbie? Just the on-roads? Doesn't seem like such a great deal to me.

Can anyone tell me what the 18" alloys option is worth? It's not on the configure and price section of Fords website.

Also saw a brand new Blood Orange XR8. Had a really good look at it and I've gotta say, that colour just doesn't grab me at all.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2003, 18:14   #2 (permalink)

Blood orange is a colour you either like or hate. i don't mind it at all.

they are a few BA's on the internet (like carsales.com.au) for sale. but the sell rather quickly.
Old 04-21-2003, 18:19   #3 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Re: Used BA XR's

Quote:
Originally posted by Bearman
Can anyone tell me what the 18" alloys option is worth? It's not on the configure and price section of Fords website.

$1500 for the 4 18" alloys with Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyres.

Add an extra $380 if you don't want the spare to be a 16" steelie...
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 19:09   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I'll be hanging out until the near new BA XR's are about $8-10k from the Retail price with all the options.

I have seen recently a Phantom Manual XR6-T with 17's and there asking $50k done 6k on the clock.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 16:43   #5 (permalink)

eek Used BA XR's

Saw a BA Phantom XR8 ute - $44 950 in a car yard with 8000 km's on the odometer. Damn rip off given that I bought mine for $43 000 on the road brand new with the addition of a sports bar, floor mats and scuff plates. Got to blame it all on the GST - any used car at a dealer has to charge GST which goes straight back into the Gov't coffers - that is $4495!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 17:09   #6 (permalink)
BA at last

As demand is still so high and waiting lists so long, dealers can still move XR vehicles with a few thousand kays for almost new car price.

Not good for second hand buying but great for current owners.
Long live great resale for the XR's!
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 17:54   #7 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

I wonder if anyone knows the source of these vehicles? Are they ex-demos or press/car magazine test cars? I wouldn't think your average person would trade a car in with only 5000-6000km's
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 19:55   #8 (permalink)

mostly the XR6's and XR8's with low k/ms are Ex Ford Executive vehicles bought by ford dealers at a dealer only auction. some of them may be evaluation vehicles and ex press vehicles.
delatite-ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 00:06   #9 (permalink)

The ticket on the XR6T I described in opening this thread gave a private name and address as the previous owner. The car originated from Bayford Ford in Coburg.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 08:45   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

I was just having a look on carsales.com.au and came accross something very interesting!!!

There are about 4 or 5 XR's for sale in SA under "Used" section. All these cars have plates WWM-xxx and the prices seem to be very low!! EG 2003 XR8 Auto $46,990 also there is an XR6 for 37k.

Do a search for 2003 Falcon in SA over 30k and you should find them.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons