Waiting List For N/a Xr6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 17:50   #1 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Waiting List For N/a Xr6

Guess what? The n/a XR6 has now also turned into a hot car to have!! If you want one, better get in soon otherwise its waitin, waitin, waitin. Ford has kicked some hard arse with this BA already.
gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 21:21   #2 (permalink)

y get a futura when u can get an xr6 for an almost same price... not that it is a real xr6, just your standard falcon with a few slight touch ups...
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 22:00   #3 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

and tweaks, and looks and suspension and street cred...
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 22:12   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally posted by gossman
y get a futura when u can get an xr6 for an almost same price... not that it is a real xr6, just your standard falcon with a few slight touch ups...

Find me a stock AU XR6 that can match the kilowatts of my new BA XR6, or out handle it on twisty mountain roads, or looks as good as my blueprint example, then tell me I didn't just buy a 'real' XR6!

Comments like that will earn you nothing but scorn from those like myself who've just bought one.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 22:45   #5 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

EXACTLY JR. Some people just don't have a clue. The BA XR6 has 3kw and 32nm less torque than an Au XR8!!!! It is the most powerful XR6 apart from the 240T ever produced has twice as many cams and valves as an AU3 XR6 VCT and handles better with much better ride quality!!! Its also 5 grand cheaper than an AU3 XR6 VCT with a bodykit standard!!! Opps I am sorry! I forgot, it can't be as good cause it does not have an oil pressure and a battery voltage metre!!! JEZZ SOME PEOPLE OUGHTA GET A CLUE!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 00:44   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
dumb statement ... also .. try and get a futura in phantom or blueprint
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 01:31   #7 (permalink)

Try getting a XR in blue pearl.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:23   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gadgeman
EXACTLY JR. Some people just don't have a clue. The BA XR6 has 3kw and 32nm less torque than an Au XR8!!!! It is the most powerful XR6 apart from the 240T ever produced has twice as many cams and valves as an AU3 XR6 VCT and handles better with much better ride quality!!! Its also 5 grand cheaper than an AU3 XR6 VCT with a bodykit standard!!! Opps I am sorry! I forgot, it can't be as good cause it does not have an oil pressure and a battery voltage metre!!! JEZZ SOME PEOPLE OUGHTA GET A CLUE!!!!
Excellent package, 17" mags, bodykit, looks good to me.

No offence, but it still a nothing compared to the AUI185KW XR8 , the old V8 got some killer start that leaves only rubber behind.

The new XR6 or the XT doesn't start that good for some reason! though it has max torque on a low 3250 rpm I think...
Old 11-25-2002, 02:38   #9 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, different cars for different markets. Many buyers out there do not want a XR6, they don't want agressive looks and bodykits they just want something conservative.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:17   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
Excellent package, 17" mags, bodykit, looks good to me.

No offence, but it still a nothing compared to the AUI185KW XR8 , the old V8 got some killer start that leaves only rubber behind.

The new XR6 or the XT doesn't start that good for some reason! though it has max torque on a low 3250 rpm I think...
Actually it's Max torque of 450Nm @ 2000 to 4500rpm. I'm sure those so inclined to do so will smoke their fair share of tyres with the BA turbo

Ford XR6 Turbo Blue Print, Auto, Premium Audio, Alarm,
Side Air Bags, and a few other odds and ends
richdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons