Waiting lists and XR8 opinions from a Ford Dealer.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 19:38   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Waiting lists and XR8 opinions from a Ford Dealer..

Went down to my local ford dealer today (Brad Garlick, Victoria Rd Sydney) and had myself a long look at a shiny white XR8. I asked the guy there if he'd had a good drive of it and what he thought of it.
He basically said the power output is noticeably larger, but it feels somewhat heavier in the front compared to the XR6T...which is understandable considering the engine sizes. I couldn't get much more out of him.

I also mentioned to him we had just ordered an n/a XR6, and he told me the wait would be near 6 months!

:shock:

He also mentioned the wait for the turbo would be around August. Has anyone heard of waiting lists this long? Or does everyone know this?

Oh, and in a previous thread i asked how to access the 'auxillary' input on the stereo for plugging in your mp3 players etc... The dealer had no idea what i was talking about. He also reckoned there would be no way of installing a custom head unit.

Hmm.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2003, 21:15   #2 (permalink)
falconS

sounds like another useless salesman who doesnt have a clue what he's talking about and is probably only working there in between looking for another job.
Old 01-20-2003, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Helmut that is quite surprising as they are my local dealer as well and servicing my XR.........
I know the service manager who has served me A1 to date and i have got to know one of the new car sales guys who i find is very committed behind his job...........
I find being in the Aftermarket game myself most sales guys don't have the "facts" yet they make silly statements. The lack of product knowledge and industry nous present many of these statements i feel............
Just my 2c worth
Old 01-21-2003, 05:52   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Well the guy i talked to was pretty young, and was studying at macquarie uni. I'm not bagging him or anything, just that i was fairly surprised to hear such a long waiting list.

I was also surprised when he said he had never heard of the auxillary input for the premium stereo. I mean the dealer is meant to fit it!
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 02:31   #5 (permalink)
ED XR6

Hey all.. i have heard of the waiting list blowing out to nearly June.. i know here in Geelong there was a problem at the ford plant a little while ago, i think in engine stamping and they were not producing engines for a while which put them behind and blew the waiting list out... it was only the 6 cylinder they werent making i think.
MICK_EZEKIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 00:56   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

If the dealer hasn't already got an order into Ford now for XR6's, then it will be around April if you place an order today.

If a dealer has a stock order @ Ford for say a blue XR6 and it hasn't been built and you say I wan't a red one with rear power windows, he can modify that order at Ford and allocate the car to you.

Ford dealers tap into the Ford orderering system and can see when each other will be taking delivery of cars so if you really want one, and dealer X has one on order for stock, your dealer can ask dealer X if he will sell him the car, chances are with XR's at the moment, he probably wont sell it.

Believe it or not, in WA at the moment, the stock of XR6T's are more numerous than XR6's, I know where 3 'for stock' XR6T's are if anyone wants one, the cars are actually @ FPV getting the fruit fitted at the moment, in Perth in 3 weeks.

Sorry to divert the thread from XR8's guys :)
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:25   #7 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieron
Believe it or not, in WA at the moment, the stock of XR6T's are more numerous than XR6's, I know where 3 'for stock' XR6T's are if anyone wants one, the cars are actually @ FPV getting the fruit fitted at the moment, in Perth in 3 weeks.
Titan Ford sold their demo XR6T today, to a friend of the DP, I'm told at full retail.

Wonder if the buyer knows it's done ~40-50 km/h over a speed hump?

Simon....
Old 01-23-2003, 16:46   #8 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIXR6
Titan Ford sold their demo XR6T today, to a friend of the DP, I'm told at full retail.
Yep thats whats happening with all XR's. Although Lane Ford in Mandurah will lop nearly 4K of a turbo, and just over 3 on a XR6 but no deliveries till April. Nuford in Wanneroo have got the 3 I mentioned and its full retail on them.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 16:55   #9 (permalink)
JP
XR6 Driver

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIXR6

Wonder if the buyer knows it's done ~40-50 km/h over a speed hump?

Simon....
Lynford in Osborne Park have got about 2 or 3. Yesterday I saw 1 parked out the front and about a week ago, I saw about 4 behind the showroom - took some pics of them too :s6:

Has anyone seen a XR6T Ute, or better yet driven one?

Cheers
JP
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 00:09   #10 (permalink)

I ordered my XR8 in October if memory serves me right... I get it in the next 2 weeks... but my local dealer (brad garlic) told me that the dely in delivery is something rediculous. Ford are having trouble with the sports shift with the V8's chewing them up... I ordered a manual and they have brought forward all manual deliveries. I was first told I'd be getting the car in April, but a couple of weeks ago I got a call saying I get it at the end of the month which was confired day before...!!!!

Happy Days are near!!!
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons