Wanted: XM/XP Falcon Coupe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 00:09   #1 (permalink)

Wanted: XM/XP Falcon Coupe

Hello everyone,

I'm chasing an early Falcon coupe, of the XM or XP variety, and was wondering if anyone has one they'd be interested in selling, or know of one that's for sale?

I'm not all that fussed about the model, and am interested in standard or modified cars in either going condition or needing restoration work. I'm willing to pay top money for the right car, and I'm prepared to travel to get it.

Contact me here, or at nod@iprimus.com.au

I'm genuinely interested in anything available.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Darren.
dg4163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 01:25   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: Wanted: XM/XP Falcon Coupe

Can't help with a coupe at the moment, but know of a 4-door thats completely original, its been in a mates backyard for years, behind the shed under a tarp. pretty good nick from what i've seen of it.
AndrewsXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:32   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, but I'm really only interested in a coupe.

Regards,
Darren
Old 07-09-2003, 08:15   #4 (permalink)
Bam

i have a very clean "65xp futura coupe... not tryin to sell but offers are always welcome.
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 15:54   #5 (permalink)

It's a bit hard trying to make you an offer without seeing your car, and somewhat pointless if you're not planning to sell anyway.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my enquiry, but I bought a V8 XP Futura coupe in Sydney last week-end.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Darren.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:21   #6 (permalink)

what did you pay by the way if you dont mind me asking, what sort of condition?
cheers
smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 00:06   #7 (permalink)

Hi Joe,

I ended up with an XP Futura coupe with an absolutely immaculate body, and I paid 4 grand for it.

Good deal really as it's a complete car with NSW V8 compliance, has a brand new C4, slippery 9 inch, Hadfield disc brake conversion, excellent chrome and a complete original Futura interior. I bought it without an engine, but that's no big deal.

The only down sides were that I had to go to Arncliffe in NSW to get it (I'm in Melbourne), and that it's painted in horrible AU XR series navy blue :)

I'm about to begin restoring it, and it'll end up red with red trim.

Regards,
Darren.
Old 08-16-2003, 18:11   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up xp 2 door coupe

Sound like a great place to start a rebuild. I'm pulling the peices together for a XP project myself at the moment. I used to own one before I was married (16years ago) but gave it up and sold it for all those unimportant things, (house deposit, furniture etc etc) but have felt the loss on many occassions since. Happened to stumble across the car parked under a tree in someones back yard 12 months ago and have been trying to get it back ever since. Well I have managed to secure it recently and I am starting to collect the neccessary parts to bring it back to life. It used to be registered with a 5.0, top loader and 8inch diff. Was in resonable shape but needed a complete rebuild when I owned it. Well 16 years have passed since then and its a lot worse for wear, but mostly all there except motor and gearbox.
I would be interested in keeping an eye on your progress and would be happy to share any progress I make.

Cheers, Joe
smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:23   #9 (permalink)

my dad has an xp coupe that was on the front of the gregory's street direcory like in the 80's or something (not for sale sorry) but we're doin up another motor and might throw in a 302 sauscage or something. has anyone ever done that before? put a windsor in an xp or xm or what ever?
my knee hurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 21:48   #10 (permalink)

i havent actually done it, but i've read about guys who have put upto a 351 windsor in an xp, apparently its about the biggest engine that'll fit in the small engine bay.. so couldnt see any problems with a 302

you may find some info on
www.xpfalcon.com

or here
http://xpfalcon.kicks-ass.net/Engines/1-Engines.htm

interesting story about a guy who put a Ford 6.8L Triton V10 in his xp :)

Last edited by seano14; 08-27-2003 at 22:02.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons